HS Charging Problems

Phoenix

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG HS PHEV
I have been the proud owner of my HS Ev Hybrid since September 2023 and have had no issues.

I charge my car everyday as I can get to and from work on a single charge. This week I have followed the same process and when I started my car yesterday it had only charged to 30%. Begrudgingly I drove to and from work using what charge I had and fuel. This morning when starting my car the charge was at 0%.

When I plug the car in I always wait for the charger to show that it has connected and no red lights are visible - this has not changed but it seems the car is not receiving its charge.

Any thoughts before I go back to the Dealership for advice.

When you plug the car in do you see the car where you see the speed and power meter.
If so check that you see that on the back of the car you will see a power lead turn green and shows power going into the car. On the other side you will see it give you a time it takes to charge the car and says connection.
If you do not see these change icon you hear making a noises at the plug, if so unplug the car and plug it back in and see if this stops.
One thing use the engine at least for 1 mile a day not using it is asking for trouble in the future.

Last edited by a moderator:
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom