HS EV battery range

D

Deleted member 3150

Just clocked over 1000 miles on new HS (70% + in EV mode) but no idea how you are supposed to know when the petrol engine has done its 900 mile running in period.
Anyway, todays journey round trip was 34.3 miles done in EV only mode including 18 miles of dual carriageway at 70. I’m actively not a hypermiler, I just get on with enjoying driving to legal limits. Mightily impressed, only me and 80 miles of fuel in the tank.
- anyone else getting good result On battery range?

I would also like to know if there is a way to see ice miles vs EV miles.

I am getting slightly more than 52 km when I get allot of stops on my way and I pay attention to using kers.
I get like 56-57 km when I'm paying allot of attention... But I'm happy with the 52 km it gives me...2 days driving to work and back and then I have to recharge ...

Only had mine 2 weeks but the EV range is looking very promising, in Australia it's rated for 63km and I managed to get 34km from 50% the other day with a few km of 80km/h included. I'm generally getting between 18-19kwh/100km on the trip meter in EV mode.

Best thing is when I charged up the car with a power meter at the wall I discovered that the trip meter is quite accurate and there is a large buffer of unused capacity in the battery. It takes about 12.5kwh for a full charge as measured at the wall, there has to be some loss so maybe 12kwh of energy gets stored. and (100km/19)*12 = 63.1km from 12kwh.

This means as new there is a nearly 30% buffer which should allow the car to get it's rated range even with a large amount of battery degradation.

I have over 3.5k miles on the car. Using it more than I thought I would be. Electric range is great. I have achieved over 40 miles with a bit left.
No issues with every day usage

Phev works well for me as normal radius is all electric. Hoping the winter won’t be as crippling as it was on the ZS.

That is intriguing! Is that due a fault with your car or a wider roll out? My current PHEV range drops about 33% in winter, maybe slightly more in extreme cold.

It was a BMS update. Haven't noticed any changes in range since I had it done on 28th July @mjhduncker @DavidB
@Flatcoat @Electrickery I am getting 40+ miles at the moment and I am 100% sure winter range will drop.
Luckily there will be no visual change :p it will always show 32 miles and just drop faster

How do you get EV mileage above the 'set' limit ? no matter how i drive, city 40km/h or motorway 130km/h i get the stated 52km's as soon as it reaches 0 we go to ICE. the stated 52 km's from full charge counts down exactly as the odometer counts up.
i'm not complaining, i think it's nice to know that the 52km's is allways realistic

How do you get EV mileage above the 'set' limit ? no matter how i drive, city 40km/h or motorway 130km/h i get the stated 52km's as soon as it reaches 0 we go to ICE. the stated 52 km's from full charge counts down exactly as the odometer counts up.
i'm not complaining, i think it's nice to know that the 52km's is allways realistic
On Sunday I drove 2x 11 miles and got home with 46% battery remaining. I am used to taking most out of HV battery packs having driven Leaf for over 3 years and Outlander for 1.
For best EV range
  • gentle acceleration
  • plan ahead and decelerate early / coast if possible.
  • don't use AC / Heating

Harsh acceleration / braking waste a lot of energy

if you drive gentle you see the range meter dropping slower as the odometer counts up.
My last long distance was leaving with a full charge on the meter 52 km and driven 63 km until the ICE kicked in.

Phev works well for me as normal radius is all electric. Hoping the winter won’t be as crippling as it was on the ZS.
The reduction in range will still be heavy in the cold winter months.
My previous car was a PHEV and the EV range took a big hit in the winter.
This is to be accepted because you are using loads of electrical items.
But remember, you have the back up of an ICE so I would not be concerned at all !.
I collected my ZSEV on the 6th of Jan 2020.
So, straight into a winter with high consumption.
To be honest, it is no different in a ICE car.
Your fuel consumption drops like a brick in the winter, a lot less noticeable because you are sitting on a vast amount of fossil fuel.
Something you just have to live with in the U.K. !.

I better try to keep track of it then...... i was sure it wasn't a GoM , and i was sure that it counted 1:1 with the odo. now proven wrong :rolleyes:

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom