HS PHEV usable battery capacity

EVGeezer

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG HS PHEV
I am curious if anybody else also has too much time on his hands to research the HV battery capacity? There have been comments made on YT that the HS on battery power can be driven another 10 km after the indicator shows 0%.
So I recorded the amount of juice I had to add to the vehicle over a period - the conclusion of which is that there is a buffer of over 20% (under the assumption of an optimistic charging conversion loss of 5%)

For comparison, my MB C350 e has a buffer of only 10%.

Attachments

• PHEV_consumption.pdf
    27.6 KB · Views: 220
My ehs.: If it's at 0% it switched back to auto mode.

"EV mode not supported"

I read.somewhere that the battery is +-16KW and useable capacity is 12KW

indeed my HS gets into Auto mode when it hits 0%. Infact often there isn't enough to drive in EV mode under 24mph either.
I have been using granny charger and it takes under 6 hours so I am not putting in more than 14.4kWh. 87% efficiency would make actual charge taken to under 14kWh.

As soon as the EV gauge reaches 0% it won’t allow you to drive in EV mode only. It will switches to auto mode but if you drive under 24mph it can still switch to EV in auto mode if possible.

I have always said that there is approx 3kWh in reserve from the 16.6kWh battery. The most I have charged back into the battery was 13.34kWh.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom