HS Plug in - mpg & performance with battery depleted?

Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Currently running a FL5 EV but looking for a second family car, maybe the HS plug-in.

Performance figures seem really good with 254 bhp and 184 lbs/ft but I guess this is with a fully charged battery. For anyone running an HS plug-in, do you notice a drop off in performance when the battery is depleted?

Also interested to know what sort of average/real world mpg you're getting when running on petrol only.

Thanks all :)

The battery never completely depletes so it's always there for acceleration in my experience. On petrol consumption I'm averaging 41-42 mpg over 10,000 miles which has included many long fast motorway drives with little time spent on battery.

using purely ICE. I get an average of 44 mpg. Using the electric mode whenever I can, and over the last year, I am averaging 81 mpg. Really pleased with the performance, speed/acceleration and comfort of this car. Worth every penny.

We have done 1979 kms since we last filled up and still have 2 bars on the petrol gauge. According to the cars stats it is doing 0.5 litres/100 kms. Nearly all our running is in EV mode around town. We did have one trip of 230kms to Auckland in hybrid mode at 5.1 litres/100kms.
We bought the Hs phev to save money on petrol and it is certainly doing that. Very happy with the car :)

using purely ICE. I get an average of 44 mpg. Using the electric mode whenever I can, and over the last year, I am averaging 81 mpg. Really pleased with the performance, speed/acceleration and comfort of this car. Worth every penny.
81 mpg is still high, 81mpg = 2.91 l/100 kms.
we are getting 0.5 l/100kms by running in EV mode only :)
which is 470 mpg = 0.5 l/100km

Attachments

• kmsscreen.png
    kmsscreen.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 58
Thats really great figures. I could have better figures than I currently have if I used EV more. I deliberately use ICE a little more than required ,because I think It would benefit the engine to be run on a regular basis. Also, when it comes to service time, the engine will not have done many miles if I use more EV mode, and things like oil, oil filters and air filters would not really need changing because of lack of use. I think I have struck a good balance between ICE use and EV to keep the whole vehicle in optimum condition.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom