• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

Humid nights

Cirprocon

Established Member
Reaction score
Here's a question that might chill your bones on a hot night like this. As I have posted before I should be getting my ZS EV in September, if I could ask you to cast your minds back to earlier in the year when the temperatures were colder and frost was on the windscreens off your lovely EV's how long did it take to defrost before you were able to drive off safely, and is it true that the HVAC pushes out heat instantaneously the moment you switch on. Not wishing away the summer just yet but looking forward to not having to wait for 10 minutes for my current 2.0 diesel to heat up ?.

Unlike an ICE car it doesn't get the heat from the hot water (once it gets hot) but from an resistive heater (in simple terms think of how a hair dryer works) so heat is available after about 10 secs.

Regards

Frank

I used to love the heated front screen on the Fords. 20-30 seconds screen cleared.

Thanks for the replies, running the kids to school should be better then. Heat within 15 seconds from the HVAC and heated seats what could they possibly complain about !

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom