HV Battery Fault (in red)

JodyS21

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Anyone else had this randomly pop up?

Wife was driving along at roughly 30mph, already done about 10 miles, nothing appeared wrong etc, message popped up with red battery sign HV Battery Fault, it went after about 10 seconds, no performance impact etc.

Background:
Car came with Jan BM, is only charged at home on AC, regularly to 100% (400m per week done), it may have not had a full balance complete for a couple of weeks potentially. About 50m was left on GOM.

mine did this with 139miles left and had an impact on speed as went to turtle mode, sent to garage in MK for updates
Glyn Hopkins ..... im so far not impressed, is this where you purchased you car?

Anyone else had this randomly pop up?

Wife was driving along at roughly 30mph, already done about 10 miles, nothing appeared wrong etc, message popped up with red battery sign HV Battery Fault, it went after about 10 seconds, no performance impact etc.

Background:
Car came with Jan BM, is only charged at home on AC, regularly to 100% (400m per week done), it may have not had a full balance complete for a couple of weeks potentially. About 50m was left on GOM.
I have seen this once on my car when it still had over 100 miles of range remaining.
Luckily, I have not seen this radome warning ⚠️ again !.

mine did this with 139miles left and had an impact on speed as went to turtle mode, sent to garage in MK for updates
Glyn Hopkins ..... im so far not impressed, is this where you purchased you car?
LOL.
I tried my local MK MG dealer when first started looking at the car, there level of interest in selling me one was like our eurovision entry "nil".
Also popped by (in jan lockdown) to check out the colours in the flesh in their carpark. A guy who worked there was moving some cars around the carpark, he ended up moving the ZS EV whilst we were browsing - I said to him don't suppose you could open the boot so I can see from a distance how big it is - his response was oh no I can't do that. Couldn't quite believe he wouldn't really do it, so I kinda said, don't you want to just open and check the boot is all ok yourself..... still wouldn't do it, Pathetic.

I'm not sure what I'm going to do when I need service/to go to a dealer, I'd rather not use them if I can help it.
Bought ours from a dealer London way who offered us a crazy cheap deal on a pre-reg. They've now closed down!

LOL.
I tried my local MK MG dealer when first started looking at the car, there level of interest in selling me one was like our eurovision entry "nil".
Also popped by (in jan lockdown) to check out the colours in the flesh in their carpark. A guy who worked there was moving some cars around the carpark, he ended up moving the ZS EV whilst we were browsing - I said to him don't suppose you could open the boot so I can see from a distance how big it is - his response was oh no I can't do that. Couldn't quite believe he wouldn't really do it, so I kinda said, don't you want to just open and check the boot is all ok yourself..... still wouldn't do it, Pathetic.

I'm not sure what I'm going to do when I need service/to go to a dealer, I'd rather not use them if I can help it.
Bought ours from a dealer London way who offered us a crazy cheap deal on a pre-reg. They've now closed down!
Take a trip north to a decent dealer.
Got ours from MG Chorley in Burnley couldn't have been more helpful 👍

I test drove the MG ZS EV last June at Chorley MG at their Chorley branch.

I told them after the drive that I loved the car and would be looking to purchase around September this was 2020.

Contacted them in September but the sales guy was off work but emailed me he would contact me the following week but nothing! I waited another three weeks then thought they weren’t interested, so looked for another dealer in my area.

Came across Perry,s in Preston and after a few problems getting quotes put in writing, I bought the car.

Then my problems started, incorrect service updates done, had no contact from them since buying the car last year and I realised I made a big mistake buying from them.

However, after reading lots of great comments on here about Chorley MG in Burnley, I took my service contract out with them and I have to say they are amazing people to deal with.

Very experienced engineers that sorted out all the update problems on my car and the staff are so nice and friendly.

My next car if I go for another MG will be from them.

Andy (Blackpool)

Seeing comments that seem to highlight that many dealerships don’t have clue I’m beginning to think that Chorley Group could be for me - and I live in South Wales!
I am slowly coming to the conclusion that all I want is an MG5 correctly prepared and checked with all updates, fully charged and ready to go.
Just watched James and Kate‘s working vehicle review and Andytizer’s London to Somerset holiday trip. The temptation to make a move to MG5 is becoming hard to resist.

A lot of the issues regarding software updates on here are ZS specific. I’ve not heard of similar problems with the MG5

So far Panda Motors (Swansea) have done it for me. Though only taken the ZS EV back for the January BS update. I did have to ring Paul, the service manager, when I had a glitch at a service station. He was helpful, and we sorted the minor problem over the phone..

just watched James and Kate‘s working vehicle review
I watched Jame's video last night on the MG5.
I have been watching James & Kate's videos since the start, they produce brilliant and honest content on their channel.
If you in anyway interested in a MG5 - I would suggest a view of his video.
He is checking out the MG5'S suitability for use as a EV Tech's mobile work station.

Mine did it once, only stayed on for a few seconds and no noticeable effect on anything, spooked me at the time for a few minutes. It's never done it since. I just put it down to quirky Chinese software!

Last edited:
LOL.

well mine has been returned to the dealer in MK, got a courtesy replacement ev, low spec with an indicator glass missing off driver wing mirror.
was told by Hyundai that they were to become MG dealers but unsure when.... if they do i will be going there!!

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom