HV battery shut off and vehicle control fault.

gaza123

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Hi all. I have been driving along, and then suddenly the MG ZS EV comes to a halt, and shows the error message...HV battery shut off, and vehicle control fault. This has happened three times in the past two months, once on a slip road of a motorway, very scary, secondly when pulling out onto a main road and thirdly at home. When this fault occurs, the car cannot be restarted, and I have to call out the RAC to recover it to the dealership. I have read many threads on here about disconnecting negative terminal on 12 v battery, to getting out of vehicle and locking it and then opening and trying again. None of these have worked, its always been recovered to the dealership. I read on here about the update that should cure this problem...The AS 2025 software update, this was carried out two weeks ago, and with renewed confidence off I went again, just for it to chuck up the same fault 4 days later, just while I was pulling out onto a main road. I bought the vehicle on finance, and I have completely lost faith in the car, mainly because it is such a dangerous fault, car can stop at any given time, will not move etc. Any advice on if you would class this as a manufacturing defect, as I want to reject the car. I have had the car approx 18 months, so it is up to me to prove that this fault was there at the time of sale. Any thoughts please and advice, thank you.

Hi all. I have been driving along, and then suddenly the MG ZS EV comes to a halt, and shows the error message...HV battery shut off, and vehicle control fault. This has happened three times in the past two months, once on a slip road of a motorway, very scary, secondly when pulling out onto a main road and thirdly at home. When this fault occurs, the car cannot be restarted, and I have to call out the RAC to recover it to the dealership. I have read many threads on here about disconnecting negative terminal on 12 v battery, to getting out of vehicle and locking it and then opening and trying again. None of these have worked, its always been recovered to the dealership. I read on here about the update that should cure this problem...The AS 2025 software update, this was carried out two weeks ago, and with renewed confidence off I went again, just for it to chuck up the same fault 4 days later, just while I was pulling out onto a main road. I bought the vehicle on finance, and I have completely lost faith in the car, mainly because it is such a dangerous fault, car can stop at any given time, will not move etc. Any advice on if you would class this as a manufacturing defect, as I want to reject the car. I have had the car approx 18 months, so it is up to me to prove that this fault was there at the time of sale. Any thoughts please and advice, thank you.
The car is in the dealership, and I spoke to one of the technicians today who said that they cannot find any faults with the vehicle, but how in good faith can I use the car again, with the worry it could happen at any time again. I am genuinely scared to use it.

Have a look at this;

Consumer Rights Act 2015​

Any product or service, physical or digital, bought online or in store must meet the following standards:
  1. Satisfactory quality – your goods shouldn’t be faulty or damaged, and of at least satisfactory quality. For example, second-hand goods aren’t held to the same standards as new.
  2. Fit for purpose – you should be able to use it for the purpose they were supplied for.
  3. As described – your goods or service must match the description, model or sample shown when you bought it.
Your rights to a refund, repair or replacement change as time goes on.

Martin Lewis's website, moneysavingexpert.com, has a template complaint letter which you can use. Hopefully you have a record of all the dates when the car failed and how long it has been with the dealership.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom