HV Battery shut off!!

Nielslein

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
My MG5 arrived at a speed charger with 9% of charge left. After plugging it in, the charger balked - and subsequently, starting was impossible as well as charging. The Tesla supercharger at 5 m distance gave the same negative result. My MG5 is now towed away in a country with few MG dealers 1000 km from home for what seems a software bug, very upsetting.
Any more experiences on this? What could be the cause?

My MG5 arrived at a speed charger with 9% of charge left. After plugging it in, the charger balked - and subsequently, starting was impossible as well as charging. The Tesla supercharger at 5 m distance gave the same negative result. My MG5 is now towed away in a country with few MG dealers 1000 km from home for what seems a software bug, very upsetting.
Any more experiences on this? What could be the cause?
As a last resort you could try disconnecting the negative terminal on the battery for 15 mins. This should re-set systems in the car and may clear the problem. Then try the granny charger to check

Was this the first Rapid charge you had done or had you done a couple of practice ones?

As a last resort you could try disconnecting the negative terminal on the battery for 15 mins. This should re-set systems in the car and may clear the problem. Then try the granny charger to check
Tried that 4 times, did not work out. Then ADAC (German road support) came and could do nothing more than write a ticket for the tow service.

Was this the first Rapid charge you had done or had you done a couple of practice ones?
No, had done it several times but the car is still quite new (km 9.900). But thinking back I have seen charging issues more often, also at slow chargers, and then simply took another charger that worked better.

I've had that error after a failed negotiation with a rapid charger but in my case leaving the car alone for about 5-10mins cleared it.

I also had a faulty A/C charger cause the error but that time I had a 10 mm spanner, so I disconnected the 12v which instantly cleared it.

search for MG5 1000KM challenge with Bjiorn from the Norway. He suffered the same issue and resolved it by shutting the car off and walking away for thirty minutes...

Issue with handshake causes the BMS to have issues.

If the shut off doesn't clear it any roadside assistance bod can clear the error with their odb tablet. They might not be able to see the error but clearing all does the job.

No the car is 3 months old but I have been speed charging it some 10 times. Mostly it worked well although I had occasionally handshake issues urging re-branching. In hindsight this gives a very bad feeling. My car is now still in Germany and it will he towed back to The Netherlands next week :-(

If the shut off doesn't clear it any roadside assistance bod can clear the error with their odb tablet. They might not be able to see the error but clearing all does the job.
German ADAC could not do anything and organized a towing truck.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom