HV battery

alec21

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
After locking car last night, woke up this morning to all four windows open, on checking car & putting power on to close them, it was showing HIV battery issue. Switched car off & on again, fault cleared. Any ideas?

I've had a wet car a couple of times. You've probably done an inadvertent (pocket) long press on unlock, which opens all windows. Handy for cooling the car as you approach, in summer, but a pain if you do it in a rain-storm. The key fob has a surprising long range, so you may have done it whilst indoors.

Is this a feature only on the facelift?

I don't think holding the button on my pre-facelift opens the windows, although holding the middle one pops the boot which seems the most useless feature ever.

This explains the windows but not the warning message.
If the OP had not pressed the brake pedal but just put the power on it would show HV battery warning.

After locking car last night, woke up this morning to all four windows open, on checking car & putting power on to close them, it was showing HIV battery issue. Switched car off & on again, fault cleared. Any ideas?

There's an indication that the HV battery is not available on 12V power up but it isn't a warning because nothing is actually wrong. Perhaps we are being swayed by mention of terms like "issue" and "fault" when the car is working as designed?

There's an indication that the HV battery is not available on 12V power up but it isn't a warning because nothing is actually wrong. Perhaps we are being swayed by mention of terms like "issue" and "fault" when the car is working as designed?
Indeed. Accurate information is always desirable otherwise we are all just guessing.

It doesn't really help the way the car chooses to display some of these message which makes it look very much like a warning/critical alarm.

The "Conditional speed limit detected" one is also a bug bear of mine.

May sound silly but if you press the lock/unlock icon on the fob for a few seconds it will open all windows, or close them if already open. Could be that the fob was compressed all night on one of the icons causing the problem

I've had a wet car a couple of times. You've probably done an inadvertent (pocket) long press on unlock, which opens all windows. Handy for cooling the car as you approach, in summer, but a pain if you do it in a rain-storm. The key fob has a surprising long range, so you may have done it whilst indoors.
I have unlocked my MG5 at a distance in excess of 80metres several times

Curiosly it will have a better range if you press the button whilst holding the key fob against your cheek bone. I’m sure it was the antev-Christ Clarkson that first pointed this out.

Curiosly it will have a better range if you press the button whilst holding the key fob against your cheek bone. I’m sure it was the antev-Christ Clarkson that first pointed this out.
I've used that technique several times in the past with other cars, pressed to the side of the forehead. It does increase range.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom