Hypervolt app update

ArfurM

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Just posting this for general consumption: I got an update on my HyperVolt app, and it now has this:

Screenshot_20210927-071722.jpg

..I'm certainly happy with the charger/app so far...

Arf

Hypervolt are really working hard to consistently improve their units !.
While other wall box company’s appear to have gone to sleep 💤.
Rolec springs straight to mind 🥱.

Yup, everything works seamlessly (Jinxed it!🙃), and they do seem to be added useful features..

Got mine installed today. Works well, except graphs not showing. I used website chat to ask in case it was configuration and got a call 5 minutes later from support team. Very good customer service so far!
I don't have a Hypervolt unit myself 😭 but the reported response time from their customer service is meant to be lighting fast ( there is a bad joke in there 😖 ).
They would be my personal choice of wall box right now.

had my hypervolt deliverd a while ago now, but not got round to replacing the Ohme charger………. as we have just had an offer accepted on another house, so will leave the Ohme where it is and install the hypervolt at the new to us house.
so I think it might be a while before I get to use it! But it’s nice to hear of all of the positive news that hypervolt customers Are saying.

Had my Hypervolt installed recently and I am really happy with it. A couple of things I would have liked however, is the ability to charge to a chosen percentage and to be able to see what the current percentage is whilst on charge. Maybe a future software update could be done to provide these?

Had my Hypervolt installed recently and I am really happy with it. A couple of things I would have liked however, is the ability to charge to a chosen percentage and to be able to see what the current percentage is whilst on charge. Maybe a future software update could be done to provide these?
I asked Hypervolt about this, apparently this isn’t something MG expose over the AC connection so isn’t possible - DC shows this as more information is available using this protocol

Thanks for that Biffo. That's a pity it isn't possible but I guess only a minor irritation 👍
As @biffo clearly states, it’s not Hypervolts to blame, the software in the car is the issue ( again ).
I have a 5 year old dumb unit that has been adapted to permit delayed charging.
When placing the car on charge, I have become fairly close to estimating how long I need to charge, to hit a certain percentage now.
I have been doing this for almost two years now, so I have had plenty of practice !.
Not the ideal situation, but it works for me.
I just check my SOC when I place the car on charge, then work on the theory that for each hour, it will increase the range by about 25 ish miles.
Therefore I can end the charge at a moment in time to give me my ( close to ) percentage required.
If I only want to charge to 80% ( around 120 miles ) then I can get pretty close to that predicted range on the GOM.
Not great solution, but at least I have some control rather than charging to 100% every single time I charge.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom