Hypervolt home charge point - good experience

kitkev

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
just had mine fitted after having the mg for six weeks first of all i really like the app with the lock on it to stop improper use

also the usage and cost analsyer, and tickles me when you set it you adopt your charger i know little things and all that.

but when you call them they are really helpful explaining the procedure and linking it to you for any problems you may have in the future also a British company and British made so helping with jobs at home as well

would highly reccomed this charger

I use a low tech approach to avoid someone using my charger when i am not at home.

I simply flip the breaker for the charger. Manual says it uses 8W in standby, and i am getting absolutely nothing for those 8W's so it's only on whenever i use it :)

8W does not seem like much, but if i only charge 35 hours a week (At 2.5 Kwh) it will be idling for 133 hours.

(8*133)*52 = 55 Kwh totally wasted every year :)

Oh yeah, and then i also have a CCTV camera covering my driveway, so anyone entering will have their licence plate on record as well :)

just had mine fitted after having the mg for six weeks first of all i really like the app with the lock on it to stop improper use

also the usage and cost analsyer, and tickles me when you set it you adopt your charger i know little things and all that.

but when you call them they are really helpful explaining the procedure and linking it to you for any problems you may have in the future also a British company and British made so helping with jobs at home as well

For some reason, it still doesn’t use the rate you enter for the cost - uses 14.6p, hopefully it’ll change with an update soon

57C1260B-4A7C-478A-846C-CFE97A12C311.png

I'm getting my hypervolt 2.0 charger installed 1st week in January. Got CCTV covering it but need to do some work on my driveway ....any tips

Can highly recommend this company Hypervolt 1st class service

I'm getting my hypervolt 2.0 charger installed 1st week in January. Got CCTV covering it but need to do some work on my driveway ....any tips
Make sure there is room for your car on the driveway, other than that can't think of anything else you will need. Life is simple.

Can highly recommend this company Hypervolt 1st class service
If I needed to replace my current 7 year old dumb wall box, I think I would go for the Hypervolt unit TBH.
I have had my eye on one, ever since they came out.
British company and the customer service is excellent by all accounts, which is a rare beast alright these days.

It's a very uncluttered installation, especially if you have a good electrician keeping the cables hidden. You can see my installation here:
I've slightly modified it since by putting the plug receptacle on a 90 Deg bracket so it doesn't stick out.

It's a very uncluttered installation, especially if you have a good electrician keeping the cables hidden. You can see my installation here:
I've slightly modified it since by putting the plug receptacle on a 90 Deg bracket so it doesn't stick out.
Neat and tidy

Why oh why don't they all have this option. Sticky out is rubbish :)

A snapshot from my security camera showing the current arrangement:
snapshot.jpg

It's on a 90 Deg bracket (home made) so it protrudes no further than the charge point itself.

Very neat and tidy install that @Alb .
Cable rear entry by the looks of it as well, always adds to a very neat install.
Good location, under cover from the elements of the bad weather, is always an advantage also.
It could even be mistaken for a mail box at first glance !.
You can’t say that about many wall boxes, can you !.
I mean they have a job to do, but some look butt ugly nailed to the front of your house don’t they ?.
I have one of the older dumb Rolec units, there is no way I would have that ugly thing bolted to the front of my house TBH.
It’s a complete eye sore !.
It is fixed to the inside wall of our internal garage and completely away from the elements of the bad weather and hidden from sight.
The wrap around cable feature on the Hypervolt reminds me a little of the very neat cable storage on the very expensive Anderson unit.
Nice unit but is still a little on the large side for me though.
Hypervolt is still on the top of MY wish list right now.
They should gift me one for the amount of recommendations I have given to friends who have gone on to purchase one !.
Are you listening Hypervolt ???🤣.

Very neat and tidy install that @Alb .
Cable rear entry by the looks of it as well, always adds to a very neat install.
Good location, under cover from the elements of the bad weather, is always an advantage also.
It could even be mistaken for a mail box at first glance !.
You can’t say that about many wall boxes, can you !.
I mean they have a job to do, but some look butt ugly nailed to the front of your house don’t they ?.
I have one of the older dumb Rolec units, there is no way I would have that ugly thing bolted to the front of my house TBH.
It’s a complete eye sore !.
It is fixed to the inside wall of our internal garage and completely away from the elements of the bad weather and hidden from sight.
The wrap around cable feature on the Hypervolt reminds me a little of the very neat cable storage on the very expensive Anderson unit.
Nice unit but is still a little on the large side for me though.
Hypervolt is still on the top of MY wish list right now.
They should gift me one for the amount of recommendations I have given to friends who have gone on to purchase one !.
Are you listening Hypervolt ???🤣.
I'm certainly counting your promotional efforts on here - I presumed you already had one! not merely sucking up for a freebie 😲😁

I'm certainly counting your promotional efforts on here - I presumed you already had one! not merely sucking up for a freebie 😲😁
Presumption and assumption is the killer of all I tend to find !..
I think I have stated very clearly in earlier posts, that I do not have a Hypervolt unit, but it WOULD be my favoured replacement choice, should I need one !.
I made the quip, that if they wanted to send me one, I would be extremely grateful 😇 ( who would not ).
I have done some external research via some EV installers and they have all recommend Hypervolt as there “Go To” unit now.
They like them for being U.K. build and their reliability, plus there high customer service.
I just wanted to pass on to other forum members, what my research had discovered.
Just to say that I have not received any type of incentives from Hypervolt for passing on this info and my thoughts.
Some of the comments can be unduly negative sometimes, so it is good to be able to sing the praises of a product that works as it should and offers a good back up service.
I can’t see any real harm in this really TBH ??.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom