• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

I’m gonna sleep in my car with aircon running all night if the weather don’t change soon!

Cocijo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lovely cool aircon just sitting there, while I’m sweltering in bed! Also considered having it running in the garage with a long ducting pipe connected to the air vents pumping cool air into the bedroom! 😜🤪😜

Yes, but what about all those fumes from when the engine's running? Oh, wait...

Baby Lol GIF by MOODMAN

Lovely cool aircon just sitting there, while I’m sweltering in bed! Also considered having it running in the garage with a long ducting pipe connected to the air vents pumping cool air into the bedroom! 😜🤪😜
I sometimes sit in the car for 10-20 minutes to chill when it's too hot indoors and out, taking the dogs with me. I was also trying to think of how I could channel it into the house, it would need an extractor fan and some ducting.

Its been touching 30c during the day at times. its the night time really that i find an issue - stays at around 22c until early hours. Just not used to it!

Took my neighbour and her dog for a ride to cool off today, as they were suffering from the heat, dog liked the air vent.
It takes while to cool the car, I had mine on full cool, fan 5 for 30 miles before I reduced the settings on a recent journey, thermometer was reading outside temp at 33C.
Guy in the same village drives with windows open.
ZS EV aircon works but its not going to freeze your extremities off!

Last edited:
Took my neighbour and her dog for a ride to cool off today, as they were suffering from the heat, dog liked the air vent.
It takes while to cool the car, I had mine on full cool, fan 5 for 30 miles before I reduced the settings on a recent journey, thermometer was reading outside temp at 33C.
Guy in the same village drives with windows open.
ZS EV aircon works but its not going too freeze your extremities off!
Must be the breed of dog, mine won't go outside unless it is 30 degrees!

I have thought about. Any recommendations?

Why don't you just buy a portable aircon?
I bought one last year, what a piece of c**p it was, not much better than a fan but using ten times more electric. Messing about with trunking to a window, pulling hot air in from outside, having windows shut, no fresh air coming in, the thing gets warm in use so heating the room even more. I sent it back, useless IMO.

I have just repaired a split system, noisy fan and compressor are outside, inside fan is nearly silent.
I used to install them in bedrooms, customers pleased to get a good night sleep

Last edited:
Sorry, I still can't get over the fact that 30 degrees is hot! If it is 22 degrees at night we only need to use one doona.
In the Uk we have a very narrow window of operating temperatures. Above 30c and the roads melt, below 5c and it's a 'beast from the East'......!

I was dubious re portable AC but bought 2 of these last week Next day delivery, they work well and mean you can sleep in your bed not the Car.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I bought one last year, what a piece of c**p it was, not much better than a fan but using ten times more electric. Messing about with trunking to a window, pulling hot air in from outside, having windows shut, no fresh air coming in, the thing gets warm in use so heating the room even more. I sent it back, useless IMO.
Nonsense. You bought a crappy one.

Don't spread FUD about something you obviously know nothing about.

Nonsense. You bought a crappy one.

Don't spread FUD about something you obviously know nothing about.
I never claimed to know anything about them, I just posted facts about my experience with the one I bought, it was a crappy one and that's what I posted about. How is that spreading FUD ?

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom