Not in in having physical buttons.
Agreed - I don't like the idea of faffing through multiple screens to do something, a physical button is much easier. That said, I don't mean the need for hundreds of buttons everywhere, just a few for the more useful things like heating/cooling and the like.

Agreed - I don't like the idea of faffing through multiple screens to do something, a physical button is much easier. That said, I don't mean the need for hundreds of buttons everywhere, just a few for the more useful things like heating/cooling and the like.
Heating/cooling are available direct on the screen and so are other things like navigation, music, etc - if there is anything which needs you to go into a screen, its generally two clicks - one to get to the screen and one to click what you need.

I still prefer a button. That said with the drop in Tesla prices I will be considering a Model Y in 2.5 years when my PCP is up. The 3 is too low down for me.

We did the same, waited 13 months for a ZS Trophy Connect, got a new Tesla model 3 RWD for 38k direct from Tesla, so roughly 3k more.

There is no comparison, the Tesla is miles ahead of the ZS in every way.
Well apart from being jellymold ugly outside and even worse inside. It's more like a kitchen appliance than a car.

Do take a look at Electroverse, it is one card that covers most chargers, and includes Europe, and includes a very good route planner.

That does not seem to work.

I tried making an account and all it said was

"Enter a valid UK mobile phone number."

"Enter a valid UK postcode."

If you have to be a UK resident, it's not going to work for me unfortunately, as i am from Denmark.

Very rarely need to press anything to be fair but if that's what you look for, go for it :)
Yeah i agree, i very rarely have to adjust anything.

Volume can be adjusted via the scroll wheel on the steering wheel. I do have to use the screen if i want to change to another radio channel.

They just released a firmware, with support for setting up the left scroll wheel to do more, making it even less of a problem without the physical keys.

To be honest, when i wanted to adjust the temperature in the MG, i used the screen instead of the buttons.

Heating/cooling are available direct on the screen and so are other things like navigation, music, etc - if there is anything which needs you to go into a screen, its generally two clicks - one to get to the screen and one to click what you need.
Most silly thing for me is that you need to press the menu button and then "Open glovebox"

But i set the left scroll wheel to open it if i long press it, so not a big deal anymore

Do take a look at Electroverse, it is one card that covers most chargers, and includes Europe, and includes a very good route planner.

I would love to but the main network on the UK motorways/trunk roads (at least the ones that I use) are GRIDSERVE and InstaVolt neither of which are partnered with Octopus Electroverse; perhaps one day...

I would love to but the main network on the UK motorways/trunk roads (at least the ones that I use) are GRIDSERVE and InstaVolt neither of which are partnered with Octopus Electroverse; perhaps one day...
You can include all types, not just ones that are partnered with gridserve ? The ability to filter by partners is just an option,

You can include all types, not just ones that are partnered with gridserve ? The ability to filter by partners is just an option,
I don't think that is correct. The companies partnered with Octopus Electroverse are listed on the FAQ and on the app. Neither Gridserve nor InstaVolt is listed as a 'partner', so the Octopus Electroverse card cannot be used with those...or did I misunderstand?

I don't think that is correct. The companies partnered with Octopus Electroverse are listed on the FAQ and on the app. Neither Gridserve nor InstaVolt is listed as a 'partner', so the Octopus Electroverse card cannot be used with those...or did I misunderstand?
You misunderstood if not filtered it includes non partnered, if they are the most appropriate for your route. you can download the app and check.

You misunderstood if not filtered it includes non partnered, if they are the most appropriate for your route. you can download the app and check.
I have downloaded the app and have Octopus Electroverse card and checked and I do not believe it can be used with either Gridserver or InstaVolt. Please could you tell me where it says you can?

I have attached an example of an InstaVolt charger...
IMG_3AA4EC3D7F40-1.jpeg

I have downloaded the app and have Octopus Electroverse card and checked and I do not believe it can be used with either Gridserver or InstaVolt. Please could you tell me where it says you can?

I have attached an example of an InstaVolt charger...View attachment 17370
The card cannot be used with non partnered, but it should still show the instavolt chargers and include as selection if appropriate on recommended route? I did a route using my 30kw leaf to route from Horsham to Inverness and many of the recommended chargers on route were non partnered as stated in the app?

The card cannot be used with non partnered, but it should still show the instavolt chargers and include as selection if appropriate on recommended route? I did a route using my 30kw leaf to route from Horsham to Inverness and many of the recommended chargers on route were non partnered as stated in the app?
Yes, they are shown but the use of them is subject to having an InstaVolt account and App. and the thrust of the earlier conversation, as I understood it, was 'one card for most chargers' I was raising the point that I would love to use the Octopus Electroverse card and/or app across the chargers that I seem to be using most of all on my routes (i.e. InstaVolt and GRIDSERVE).

PS Great part of the world Horsham, I used to live in Dorking :cool:

Many but not all. I have just looked at a place I am staying overnight on route to Cornwall in Exeter ( nb I have ajways stayed overnight on route long befire getting an EV). I already know there are are about 15 Gridserve rapid chargers there but they don't show on the Electroverse map as a non partnered ( I know they are contactless and dont use an App, Electroverse or otherwise ). There are also Telsa chargers there ( only ones Teslas can use) and they don't show as non partnered either on the Electroverse App.

Yes, they are shown but the use of them is subject to having an InstaVolt account and App. and the thrust of the earlier conversation, as I understood it, was 'one card for most chargers' I was raising the point that I would love to use the Octopus Electroverse card and/or app across the chargers that I seem to be using most of all on my routes (i.e. InstaVolt and GRIDSERVE).

PS Great part of the world Horsham, I used to live in Dorking :cool:
I would like the set up be that you simply register your car with a charger network up front with a payment method selected, plug in, it starts charging straight away and simply charges your card you have set up for what you use.

Sometimes life has a funny way of giving us what is right. You are getting a car which many here would envy. But I know someone else will be receiving the car they wanted because it was cancelled.

Exactly what happened to me. I wnated a MG ZS EV Trophy connect facelift but with the sunroof. Only ordered in December 2022. Because I wasn't worried too much about the colour by supplier was able to track down a cancelled order and I received it in March 2023.

"Fortune brings in some boats that are not steered." Cymbeline (Act 4, Scene 3)
Yr not wrong - I am now driving a Peugeot 2008e and absolutely love it 🧡

What a shame zs ev great car really please with it . Had a look at other makes they don’t stack up against this MG
Yes has taken me a year but in the well worth it
Consider asking if they have any cancelled orders. We got a MG ZS TLR I’m red in two months. 👍

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom