I think I tripped a podpoint post.

dragon2611

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Charging yesterday in a car-park, Came back to the car after some-time (Probably 1-2hrs) and grabbed something from the car at that point everything was ok.
Came back again later to find the lights off on that side of the podpoint post and the car had stopped charging.

The app still thinks the post is charging even though nothing is connected, also it looks like one of the other posts in the car park may in the same state so presumably someone else has also had that problem recently.

It was quite wet yesterday so not sure if some water got in somewhere it shouldn't and tripped out the post.

Charging yesterday in a car-park, Came back to the car after some-time (Probably 1-2hrs) and grabbed something from the car at that point everything was ok.
Came back again later to find the lights off on that side of the podpoint post and the car had stopped charging.

The app still thinks the post is charging even though nothing is connected, also it looks like one of the other posts in the car park may in the same state so presumably someone else has also had that problem recently.

It was quite wet yesterday so not sure if some water got in somewhere it shouldn't and tripped out the post.
I have only charged a dozen times but I have not seen this yet.

Used another podpoint post today and it worked as expected, so not sure if was the car or just that post.

Edit: Pointpoint seem to be indicating they've had a few reports for that location so guess there's something up with the posts there.

Last edited:
Could it be that unlocking the car stopped the charge? Tho that doesn't account for why the post still thought it was busy

Could it be that unlocking the car stopped the charge? Tho that doesn't account for why the post still thought it was busy
That might stop the charge (Although most cars it just drops the power draw for a moment) but it shouldn't cause the post to go offline completely.

I suspect the breaker/RCD for that side of the post tripped for some reason as there were no leds lit on that side at all and usually they're blue if it's ready, green if it's charging and I think red for there's a problem.

At least it didn't lock the cable I suspose.

It's very unlikely to be your car unless it does it consistently to all charge points. Public charge points are often unreliable so it's more likely that.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom