I want to buy a Used mg5 ev, exclusive

Eric

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi all...
Yes I'm.a total novice here so excuse my ignorance...

I want to buy a used or ex demo 20/21 MG5 EV LR exclusive.
I can't afford a new one, it maybe a used one...

Appreciate any recomendations

Also, depending on your timescales, there is a theory that residuals on current MG5 could take a hit when the facelift model appears in around 6 months time. Allegedly.

Either way, there should be a few more second hand available when/if that happens.

Hi all...

Are you or someone in your family eligible for the Affinity Scheme? That takes several thousand pounds off the price of a new one.

Or, I think I saw a good deal on a long range on Auto Trader yesterday.... Worth a quick look.

I use mine as a private hire taxi..... No regrets so far.

Are you or someone in your family eligible for the Affinity Scheme? That takes several thousand pounds off the price of a new one.

Or, I think I saw a good deal on a long range on Auto Trader yesterday.... Worth a quick look.

I use mine as a private hire taxi..... No regrets so far.
Do your riders enjoy the ride?
Is there good leg room in the back seats?
Are you happy with the charging points, is there enough ???
I'd have to use a rapid charger ...

I went from a VW Passat to a MG 5. The boot space is less but the back seat aren't much different. Leg room is ok (I'm 6'1").

I suggest you check Zap Map to look for chargers: Map of charging points for electric car drivers in UK: Zap-Map

Filter for type 2 (fast) and CCS (rapid).

Depending on where you live you may be able to charge on the street overnight rather than relying on rapid chargers. I charge at a lampost charger just round the corner from my house once or twice a week.

Hi Eric,

Customers ask about the car. They are all impressed about how smooth etc it is.
Leg room in the back is okay but not great...however, almost all journeys are less than an hour so not a big deal.
I have a home charger and use that a lot. I still do some rapid charging but up here there are some free ones which everybody wants to use making them harder to get onto. I have a cheap tariff with Octopus making charging the car very economical.

say you put in 50kwh at 49p per kwh that's 24.50 the lowest i get is 3 miles per kwh so that works out at 16.33p per mile and with the warmer weather coming soon will get much more per kwh i dont know what mpg in a ICE car you would have to get to be the same price per mile

When you factor in the additional purchase cost there is no way I would be able to justify using fast chargers. It's about 50000 miles to break even over a diesel car.

When you factor in the additional purchase cost there is no way I would be able to justify using fast chargers. It's about 50000 miles to break even over a diesel car.
Or you could use bonnet and pay as little as 25p per kWh 👍 also use code “FULLYCHARGED” for upto 200 kWh free for your 1st month 👍 9F268341-6F07-400B-A261-DE1CBAC6D75A.png

Are lamppost chargers something that is an option for you locally?
They're quite common in certain parts of London, and some borough websites have a section for EV owners to let them know where installations are needed.

Hi all...

About the only one available at the moment...

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Parker’s have a few listed, might be worth a look.

That's still lower than equivalent petrol prices is it? 18p a mile or thereabouts?
Here's a link to the excel sheet I threw together when we were working out what an EV would cost to run vs our ICE cars:

EDIT - link didn't work, attached below /EDIT

It's in euros/cents and kilometers, but they are just number fields, so you can put anything you like in them (google with change mpg to l/100kms for you). Yellow fields are variables, enter whatever you like, orange(ish) fields are calculated. Hope it may help.

(and for those of you on Octopus overnight tariffs, you can guess how jealous we are of you!)

Screenshot 2022-03-11 at 09.13.08.png

Attachments

• EV Mileage Discombobulator.xlsx
    10.8 KB · Views: 130
Here's a link to the excel sheet I threw together when we were working out what an EV would cost to run vs our ICE cars:

EDIT - link didn't work, attached below /EDIT

It's in euros/cents and kilometers, but they are just number fields, so you can put anything you like in them (google with change mpg to l/100kms for you). Yellow fields are variables, enter whatever you like, orange(ish) fields are calculated. Hope it may help.

(and for those of you on Octopus overnight tariffs, you can guess how jealous we are of you!)

View attachment 7376
Just wandering….. if you use off peak for this calculation, have you factored in the impact of higher day time tariff on the rest of you electric usage? For me it’s over 4p per kw above a standard tariff if I use a 2am off peak capable tariff. This is also due to raise in April

Just wandering….. if you use off peak for this calculation, have you factored in the impact of higher day time tariff on the rest of you electric usage? For me it’s over 4p per kw above a standard tariff if I use a 2am off peak capable tariff. This is also due to raise in April
For us it makes little or no difference, our off-peak is 0.1853 cent/kWh, peak is just over 0.19 cents so it's fairly academic really.

To get a completely accurate calculation involves trying to account for untold amounts of variables such at temperature, regen, rolling resistance, cost(s) of previous charge (as we also have a bunch of free 11kW chargers in town, at the gym, supermarkets and outside my favourite bar) etc. which was just too much to calculate in a sheet I threw together whilst I was in a conference call, but it's useful to get an instant, albeit very basic, 'like for like' comparison.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom