I'm l too cheap to receive my EV car?

Spiderweb

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
Not an MG
Ordered ( lease) via Vanarama a silver Trophy LR back in November 1883. ( or was it last year?). Deal was for 3 years, 10k per annum. First payment, £2.2k with 35 months at £251. First years insurance included and a free charger from Chargedev ( what a story that was to install). Same deal now is approximately £200 more per month with a bigger First payment. Looking at the " shipping updates" conversation with customers receiving cars at later dates to my order I'm thinking ( mischievously) are MG servicing people who will be paying more First?

Thats an incredible deal you got. It wouldn't matter what you paid for it. The manufacturer charges the dealer, and the dealers price is what has been agreed as a franchise dealer. Apparently there are long delays getting the LR models delivered, and the few that are reaching these shores are the SR versions. Still I would happily wait for a good while longer on a deal like that. I got what I still think was a decent lease deal. I will pay £14,790 between deposit, payments, charger and 1st years insurance, against £11285 (taking £600 as charger cost and £400 first year ins.)you are paying. AND mine is the SR version.

Last edited:
Ordered ( lease) via Vanarama a silver Trophy LR back in November 1883. ( or was it last year?). Deal was for 3 years, 10k per annum. First payment, £2.2k with 35 months at £251. First years insurance included and a free charger from Chargedev ( what a story that was to install). Same deal now is approximately £200 more per month with a bigger First payment. Looking at the " shipping updates" conversation with customers receiving cars at later dates to my order I'm thinking ( mischievously) are MG servicing people who will be paying more First?
ulp. I’m on a lease too, £1550 down & £510 a month, fully maintained @ 25k miles a year. It was suspiciously cheap.

OTOH one would think that the leasing company would be paying MG on commercial terms so it shouldn’t make a difference.

ulp. I’m on a lease too, £1550 down & £510 a month, fully maintained @ 25k miles a year. It was suspiciously cheap.

OTOH one would think that the leasing company would be paying MG on commercial terms so it shouldn’t make a difference.
what's the term on the lease?

I got exactly the same lease deal (more by chance), had same challenges with charger install, same month of order, same colour and specificationm through Vanarama. They say they will honour the price so i am waiting it out.

I got exactly the same lease deal (more by chance), had same challenges with charger install, same month of order, same colour and specificationm through Vanarama. They say they will honour the price so i am waiting it out.
Hopefully we will both receive our cars at similar times.

4 years. Took a test drive the day the grant went & the numbers post-grant didnt add up on a finance deal.
It doesn't sound cheap unless Im missing something. Your deposit was £1500, and £510pm x 48 = £26,030 to pay over the term? I got mine for £3,500 deposit and 48 x £295 which is £17,660 over the same term.

You got to remember it's at 25k a year so the car go's back at 1000k compered to the average 10k a year car going back with 40k on a 4 year deal

Shanghai factory was closed. Battery price gone up. Sterling is devalued. Shipping rate is going up toward Q3, MG will be foolish to honor these earlier LR model contracts with leasing company. simple solution is to delay the production of LR model to Q4 2022

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom