Impressed with MG4 Automatic Emergency Braking (AEB)

Ayoull

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE SR
Just been out in the MG4 with the family, and a young boy has just run off from his mum into the road Infront of us, before I had time to slam on, the car had already detected the little boy lit the dashboard up like a Christmas tree and performed an emergency stop.

I'd like to think I would have been quick enough to stop myself, but glad to see the system works as designed.

Although sometimes iritated by the various automated functions of my car (ZS Mk 2), hopefully the effect of overall car automation on road and pedestrian death rates will be substantial. I do remember the vocal minorities outcry over having to wear seatbelts...and yet....

Just been out in the MG4 with the family, and a young boy has just run off from his mum into the road Infront of us, before I had time to slam on, the car had already detected the little boy lit the dashboard up like a Christmas tree and performed an emergency stop.

I'd like to think I would have been quick enough to stop myself, but glad to see the system works as designed.
Thank is interesting and thank you for posting. The level of technology in the MG4 is highly impressive.

Unfortunately most cars fitted with this system will have phantom emergency stops...my MX30 did it as did my Kia e-niro...

yes, get phantom "imminent crash" warnings occasionally on my Golf - also it occasionally slams on the breaks using ACC when passing a slower moving car on a dual carriageway/motorway to match their speed. Glad these features are here though.

Whilst there are genuine true ‘phantom’ braking moments that should not occur, many of these are caused by the driving reacting too late, approaching too quickly or just generally driving too fast for the hazard.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 532 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 90 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 49 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back