In car entertainment while charging

iainfm

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
No, not that....get your minds out of the gutter! :D

I did my first charge today, away from home. After browsing the Christmas market for 5 minutes I sat back inside.

With the car 'on' but not 'ready' (yellow light on the start button), the infotainment system would work but would shut down after a few minutes.

It stayed on with the car in 'ready' mode, but this seemed to impact the charge rate / time to complete quite a bit.

If I want to listen to / watch media when I'm charging, what's the best option?

Thanks,
Iain

No, not that....get your minds out of the gutter! :D

I did my first charge today, away from home. After browsing the Christmas market for 5 minutes I sat back inside.

With the car 'on' but not 'ready' (yellow light on the start button), the infotainment system would work but would shut down after a few minutes.

It stayed on with the car in 'ready' mode, but this seemed to impact the charge rate / time to complete quite a bit.

If I want to listen to / watch media when I'm charging, what's the best option?

Thanks,
Iain
I assume it's the same as mine, ZS it cuts off every 5 minutes. If you leave the 'engine' on, it throws out any data you're collecting for distance/speed etc. You'd have thought that as you are charging, so can't possibly get a flat battery, and are likely to be sitting in the car that the 5 minute thing would be disabled.......

If you press it once it allows you to use the radio I think, if you press it twice it allows heating and that. If you press it with your foot on it does it all and is ready to drive.

So can you press it twice? Does that do what you need? It allows you to use stuff but not in ready mode. I'm sure I've sat there more than 5 mins and not shut off.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom