I've owned my MG ZS trophy long range for just under a year and driven 26k in it.

It's been a heavy year of commuting from the midlands to Gatwick 3 times a month. So mostly motorway at 60 to 70mph.

Other than the battery going into a protection mode when a fast charger went wonky it's not missed a beat. Even that was a none event. Disconnect the 12v battery and reconnect and it had fixed itself.

First front tyres lasted 14k but looking at the replacements I suspect the MG factory tyres weren't the best. I've got over half left at 12k on my Yokohamas.

Range is somewhere between 240 and 180 depending on temperature and driving.

The suspension is a bit 90s Peugeot. For smashing up an down motorways it's perfect but it's built for comfort.

Saying that it does speed reasonably well as long as you like understeer. Big winner at the traffic light Olympics.

It's probably lost a lot of value but I've bought it for the long game. 4k NHS discount softened the blow and it'll probably be my sons first car.

My wife has a leased mg4. It's definitely a generation ahead and the better car.

Saying that I do want a KIA EV9 when work finally do a electric car lease scheme.

It’s just missed a beat. Charged to 93% with the promise of 203 miles. Drove 3hours and 180 miles and that was too much for the battery. Even though I was showing a surplus of 40 miles of theoretical range over remaining distance, it all went Pete Tong as it got to 10% battery remaining.

Car started to shut down systems then set max speed of 30mph and then nothing at all. 5% battery left and possibly 10 miles but no forward motion.

Now sat on hard shoulder of M4, just 3 miles away from a service station with lots of lovely chargers.

Attachments

• IMG_2484.jpeg
    IMG_2484.jpeg
    488.9 KB · Views: 18
If the GOM is showing 50 miles more than the Sat-Nav, then I will risk it. Any lower and I stop for a charge. I have seen the predicted miles fall off a cliff when you hit an incline or when stuck in stop-start traffic.

I'm another very satisfied customer. Its nice to read other peoples happy experiences. Car has been brilliant (not faultless as had to have a replacement steering column under warranty). Local MG sales and service has been exceptional.

Its a joy to drive. I tow with mine. I had a witter detachable tow bar fitted. Its around a 340kg fully loaded trailer tent then there's all the camping stuff in the boot. I cant even tell its hauling around the extra weight.
I'm sort of dreading the new model due out this year? - I cant afford it and I'm sure some of the reported niggles will have been ironed out and I'll want one.

The only real gripes are the App, it could do so much more (v2.0.4) worked first time for me with an iPhone 13 and its currently only failed once to connect to the car. My other gripe funnily enough is the other App I use for my Rolec charger, .EV - its hopeless, so hopeless in fact that I switch it to dumb mode and let the car and MG App do the charge controlling. I've contacted them several times, they are quick to respond and quick to provide excuses. In a nutshell its just not 'smart'.

I love the panoramic sunroof and look forward to the Spring and Summer where even on the motorway travelling at 60mph (max speed towing a trailer) its nice to have open.
I'm going to get the rear windows tinted, probably by 'Global tint UK' before the summer.

I think as money is so tight these days I'll keep my MG ZS EV LR for way longer than I used to do with previous ICE cars. I look after mine and my MG looks after me.
Off topic in a way - Jerry, what trailer tent do you have? We're thinking of getting one, two berth. Thanks.

Dont know if cooling battery could also be a factor? I have had temperature reduce % remaining.
Arriving home & parking up for the night after 200 miles travel showed 19% remaining. After an hour at minus 3°C, when I went to charge it showed only 11% left.

Last edited by a moderator:
Off topic in a way - Jerry, what trailer tent do you have? We're thinking of getting one, two berth. Thanks.
Hi - The one in my profile picture is the Camperlands 2023 1000LX. It is a very clever design as they have taken one of the very best inflatable tents and configured it so you have a full double bed with proper mattresses off the ground. 2024 models are £5599. I'm just about to offer mine up for sale as more of my family (Grand children) now want to come along so I need a 4/6 berth. It will be at a considerable discount (£3500) as I have already put a deposit down on a new model. Let me know if you are interested and I can send pictures, tell you a bit more about towing with the ZS EV and send a list of extras that came with the initial purchase.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom