Info unit problems

Mick Evans

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
Not an MG
Had a couple of issues where the infotainment screen goes blank black screen . Anyone else had this problem and if so how did you resolve it?

Thanks in advance.

I've had it a couple of times.
1st time on the way to work and it was ok on my way home hours later.

2nd time. Reset it self after 5 mins it so.

I did get the same effect when connected to android auto, but only when i selected AA.
Cleared the cache on my phone and it started ok the next time.

I've had a similar problem, but in my case it's left me with the car dash display showing temperature units in degrees F rather than C.

Both the ambient temperature and tyre pressure sensor temperatures have changed to Deg F and I can find no way of changing them back.

Any suggestions?

Last edited:
I had this happen last night; went out it was fine, parked and came back 2 hours later and the screen stayed blank but also could not get it off normal driving mode.
Everything else fine, got home ok, this morning everything normal.

Weird but a bit worrying

I had this happen last night; went out it was fine, parked and came back 2 hours later and the screen stayed blank but also could not get it off normal driving mode.
Everything else fine, got home ok, this morning everything normal.

Weird but a bit worrying
Yes, it throws a wobbly every now and again but sorts itself out on the MG5. My own Ioniq 5 sometimes does similar and throws a 'whitey' but, again sorts itself out.

The odd time I've had this... pressing and holding the centre knob fr a few seconds before releasing triggers an infotainment re-start which generally clears things...

The odd time I've had this... pressing and holding the centre knob fr a few seconds before releasing triggers an infotainment re-start which generally clears things...
Only us with the pre FL have this ability I believe.

I've crashed the pre-facelift one when using a navigation app on an android based "AI" Box (emulates carplay). Decreaing the quality/resolution slider on the android box's settings seemed to stop it so I assume it was trying to send data/updates too quickly for the proccessor in the car to keep up.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom