Infotainment Problem

Hi Mark I hope you don't mind be getting in on this.
Open your Glove box there are two big knobs in there turn both and remove then remove the glove box.
Looking inside theres the broadcast unit, itll have a mini usb plug and one other plug. carefully pull them both out. wait 5 mins plug them in and try your infotainment unit. it should be ok.
Hi MG Tech, are you an actual MG Tech??? Do you know what the BMS and HV Fuse updates are for and is there a way I can tell if they have been applied to my MG?
Thanks in advance.

Good Morning.
Tried the disconnect this morning & all working again.
Thanks MG Tech, and I know you are doing this unofficially but it would be Great if MG officially support the forum. Just think off the good P.R. this would give them .
I have attached a photo with the plugs out. Bottom one is USB.
Which one do I disconnect and how do I do this because they. Are all very tightly fastened

Attachments

• IMG_20201031_182907.jpg
    IMG_20201031_182907.jpg
    231.4 KB · Views: 311
To solve my problem with the media center as described by member MG technician

Looking at the picture it’s the usb connection, to me it appears to be the cable with the white tape on the cable.
I would add that if it doesn’t come apart easily I’d suggest you get it back to MG as I had this problem and it only took them 5 mins to sort it...

I did this when I was having infotainment system problems, but it didn't work for me (needed an update from naviextras). You can pull those plugs out, but they're really tight.

Last edited:
Hi there seems to be 4 plugs are we unplugging all of them?

I can't remember how many I unplugged, I think it was two. I would just unplug as many as you can, bearing in mind I found some really hard to pull out.

you must have the top widest there you also see the red plus wire the other two are antenna cables
thanks for the response. i didnt do it because at the same time the workshop called me that the would build in a whole new infotainment system. after they did this everything works fine now.

Open your Glove box there are two big knobs in there turn both and remove then remove the glove box.
Looking inside theres the broadcast unit, itll have a mini usb plug and one other plug. carefully pull them both out. wait 5 mins plug them in and try your infotainment unit. it should be ok.
Brilliant thanks that worked

Just been shopping and when I got back in the car and switched on I got the "Ready" sign. The radio was very quiet and the infotainment screen was running on candle power it was that dull. But the car drove ok. After about a minute the infotainment screen went blank. It stayed like this for about 5 minutes. When it came back on it was the MG logo which came back on very slowly and then after about a minute the radio came back on as normal. Normal volume, normal brightness. It's been ok since.
Has anyone else had this problem?.....Just wondered.
Car is a 20 reg ZS EV btw.

There are many reported problems with the infotainment of varying manifestations.
There has been a recent service directive that the dealers will update the infotainment software to hopefully put an end to all this at your next service.

You should also bear in mind that the infotainment has a 3 year warranty so if you have issues get them looked at before then.

Just been shopping and when I got back in the car and switched on I got the "Ready" sign. The radio was very quiet and the infotainment screen was running on candle power it was that dull. But the car drove ok. After about a minute the infotainment screen went blank. It stayed like this for about 5 minutes. When it came back on it was the MG logo which came back on very slowly and then after about a minute the radio came back on as normal. Normal volume, normal brightness. It's been ok since.
Has anyone else had this problem?.....Just wondered.
Car is a 20 reg ZS EV btw.
As @Gomev has stated, there was a info unit update released only last Friday ( ZS EV only ) this was released due to the number of “Crashing Problems” reported by owners.
This is not a new thing, it has been occurring from the launch of the ZS EV.
Contact your dealer and ask them to check for the software update.
Again, it was only released last Friday !.

Is this the same process for the HS petrol??

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom