Infotainment restart

tomsimmons

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
I've had my MG 5 for a couple of months now and on about 4 or 5 occasions I've seen the infotainment system restart.

What I mean by that is whilst driving I have noticed that the screen has gone black, then the MG logo appears.

Anyone else come across this?

Tom

This has been a common place item for the ZS EV since launch in 2019.
There has been an info unit software update release ( MG Service Bulletin 0020 ) about 2 months ago.
I believe they are working on a similar fix for the MG5 presently.

I had a MG5 demo out this last two days on a test drive, already ive found 3 software glitches on the infotainment screen, one with the screen going black and two other times the screen being unresponsive or restarting

Has happened to mine maybe 4 or 5 times since purchase in May. Nearly at 9,000km now so in another 1,000km she'll need first service and I'll ask if there's an update.

It doesn't seem to have done it recently though, weirdly enough. Most of the occurrences were in the first month or 2.

My biggest gripe is that bluetooth turns off quite often on startup. Phone is on, says connected, but car changes to AM Radio Source... have to go to settings, Bluetooth, and turn it on. Wait a minute, sometimes need to cycle bluetooth on my phone as well to get them connected.

Hands-free control my a$$! :p

Multiple restarts on my 600 mile trip to the outer Hebrides just now. Though the sat jab was useful as there isn’t any data reception here to use apple CarPlay or google maps!

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom