Infotainment screen issues

t509triumph

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
So... get in car... everything boots up normally... but then I find I cant adjust the radio volume.... the slider goes up and down but no actual change to the sound.
Change channel... same.. change to phone input.. same.
Stop car.
Turn off.
Lock car.
Start up again... same issue.
Repeat above... then it might work.

Similar thing happened where it wouldn't change radio channel. Buttons worked... display changed but the sound was from whatever station it was tuned to at boot up.

Software issue? Should it go back to the dealer? Bought brand new beginning of December 2023.

Is there a way to hard reset the infotainment system?
Thoughts and advice please!

So... get in car... everything boots up normally... but then I find I cant adjust the radio volume.... the slider goes up and down but no actual change to the sound.
Stop car.
Turn off.
Lock car.

Similar thing happened where it wouldn't change radio channel. Buttons worked... display changed but the sound was from whatever station it was tuned to at boot up.

Software issue? Should it go back to the dealer? Bought brand new beginning of December 2023.

On the FL I know that to reboot the infotainment you hold the back button for about 10 seconds. The screen will go black and then it take 5 or 10 seconds to restart.

On the pre-FL to re-boot press and hold the silver button(middle of volume control) until screen blacks out.

Stop car.
Turn off.
Lock car.

I've had radio problems and other major software issues. Had 4 so- called software updates but dealer says that there are no faults on the car. I employed a Consultant Automotive Engineer. He found 22 faults stored in the system. One error said the car was dangerous to drive.
Am in the process of rejecting the car.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom