Infotainment screen partially blanks out

NickL

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 Trophy LR
I have an MG4 Trophy that recently had some updates, incuding the infotainment update that made the system feel more refind. The infotainment screen has blanked out a few times with the exception of the top and right hand menus. ( See photo). I am still learning about this but it seems touching any of the software (screen) buttons brings back the normal screen, but the physical Home button does not. If I go into reverse, the camera images show, then afterwards it goes back to blank.

My feeling (having worked in IT troubleshooting for many years) is that it is a software issue. I cannot reproduce it on demand, and it has only happened 5 or six times in the last month. The service department of the dealer has suggested I book it in for a couple of days, but cannot take it in till the end of the month. As it is not a critical issue I thought I would see if anyone else if having a similar problem.

Attachments

• Blank MG4 screen.JPG
    Blank MG4 screen.JPG
    325.5 KB · Views: 86
UPDATE
I have just had an update to the infotainment screen and the problem persists.

Has anyone found a solution to the screen blanking. The top and right hand side bars still work, and the cameras still come up ok.

Hoping you have some good news
Thanks

In settings put the screen into either dark or light mode instead of auto. The screen sometimes gets confused when the auto lights come on during start up.
Holding the home button for a couple of seconds will also bring the screen back.

In settings put the screen into either dark or light mode instead of auto. The screen sometimes gets confused when the auto lights come on during start up.
Holding the home button for a couple of seconds will also bring the screen back.
Thanks, but this is a work around, not the solution. I have just had an update that was supposed to fix it, but it has not.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 507 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back