Infotainment system update not done at service interval

Thanks Just switched them on from the App, now can't switch them off
Sorry for the late reply, I’ve been out of action with pneumonia. Are you trying to turn them off with the app, or via the infotainment screen once you are in the car and fully switched on? I’ve not tried turning them off with the app, but generally switch them off as part of my pre-flight set-up. (Get in, seatbelt on, foot on brake pedal, wait for the car to fully switch on, turn LKA down to minimum, radio on, etc). Never had a problem doing it that way.

I think he's referring to the heated seats? If he turns them on in the app he can't them turn them off in the car.

I can't comment as I have an SE = no heated seats (or steering wheel).

Just back from the 1st year service and this time the dealer actually listened and updated just about everything, including the infotainment system (to R46). Most of my niggles have disappeared as a result, even power reduction as battery capacity reduces. Android Auto is working for 5-10 mins then drops out, reconnects if I take the lead out and re-insert a couple of times. I can live with it as AA isn't actually too important for me.

Just back from the 1st year service and this time the dealer actually listened and updated just about everything, including the infotainment system (to R46). Most of my niggles have disappeared as a result, even power reduction as battery capacity reduces. Android Auto is working for 5-10 mins then drops out, reconnects if I take the lead out and re-insert a couple of times. I can live with it as AA isn't actually too important for me.
Amazing. If its true i am 99% sure that everything works well. For AA try different cable. I personally use AA wireless adapter and charge the phone from 12v socket

Yes I have a wireless adapter too - shows up as Apple Play but works - my main issues to do with 80% charge cap and loss of power below 25% SOC are resolved.

Yes I have a wireless adapter too - shows up as Apple Play but works - my main issues to do with 80% charge cap and loss of power below 25% SOC are resolved.
My adapter is shown as AA in this screen. Before the updates below 25% soc the power meter ever showed 100% power?

Last edited by a moderator:

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 493 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 84 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 46 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel