Installing dash cams

biscuits

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE SR
Hi all, just thinking about installing dash cameras in our mg4. A front one at least. Just curious if anyone has done this already or has considered it and has any suggestions or tips, e.g., which sections cabling would be best tucked behind or which fuse to go into etc. Thanks!

There's a lot of info here:

Thanks for the link and the rear mirror power tip. Apologies, I didn't see the other thread. I searched for 'dash' and didn't see it on a quick scan.

Thanks for the link and the rear mirror power tip. Apologies, I didn't see the other thread. I searched for 'dash' and didn't see it on a quick scan.
No worries. Finding what you want in this forum is not always the easiest - I was lucky this time and found the thread!

Yes I’ve fitted one also (front). Just be careful you place it in a place where the wipers clean, to ensure clear vision in the wet. It’s easy to thread the wire along the roofline and down the side of door behind the rubber trim.

I plug mine into a power bank velcroed to the top of the passenger footwell carpet. It lasts around 24 hours with full parking mode. I then just switch power banks for next trip and charge up old one.

That avoids the risk of 12v battery drain, especially using parking mode, as well as hardwiring etc.

Easy to swap over to another car too 👍

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 530 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 90 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 49 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel