Insurance, crazy renewal

That's more like it . My licence is clean , no claims so I don't understand it . Maybe it's my age ( 74 ) . Are they being ageist or just don't like the Welsh ? :)

Update . I received my renewal forms today from Churchill . They have quoted £802 !!! . Bear in mind my last Premium for the Ioniq Hybrid was £250 ish ( adjusted to £334 for the MG 5 I believe ) . NCD is 11 years ( I had a windscreen replaced 3 years ago but I don't believe it affects the Premium ) , clean licence held for 50+ years , no points in last 5 years . Absolutely mental , unless I 've got 50 years younger and am now a teenager ?.
Churchill likes to say yes , Roger likes to say F*&k off . Looks like I'm going with the Flow :)
No, you've just aged out of the middle bracket, as someone nearing 70 you will now be on the upward trend, it gets steadily more expensive as you head towards 80.

No, you've just aged out of the middle bracket, as someone nearing 70 you will now be on the upward trend, it gets steadily more expensive as you head towards 80.
Best just die then and save the government some money ?;) 74 must be the tipping point then? ,because it's steadily come down since I hit 70

Second update . Phoned Churchill to see what's happening and they knocked £300 ff the quote . Some BS that they had the wrong address details ..but yet the renewal documents arrived at my house

Second update . Phoned Churchill to see what's happening and they knocked £300 ff the quote . Some BS that they had the wrong address details ..but yet the renewal documents arrived at my house of still lol rose where
I’d still look elsewhere if your at the 20-25 day before renewal mark.

Second update . Phoned Churchill to see what's happening and they knocked £300 ff the quote . Some BS that they had the wrong address details ..but yet the renewal documents arrived at my house of still lol rose wheremar
Try: https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/car-insurance-compareplus/

I think we are back to shopping around every year. For the last 3 years Esure gave me the best renewal pries, same as best comparison site quotes without asking. This year they were way too expensive and I ended up with Aviva.

Like some others I use LV, they undertake not to price hike. I do check every year and the renewal quote from them over the last 3 years has been the cheapest. They also do free fix if you run out of battery which is a nice add on.

I think we are back to shopping around every year. For the last 3 years Esure gave me the best renewal pries, same as best comparison site quotes without asking. This year they were way too expensive and I ended up with Aviva.
I've been with Sainsbury since 2015 and they were pretty consistent . I hope we're not back to changing insurer every year , but you may be right

Like some others I use LV, they undertake not to price hike. I do check every year and the renewal quote from them over the last 3 years has been the cheapest. They also do free fix if you run out of battery which is a nice add on.
I think others do the free fix if you run out, but that's an easy offer as no-one really does. You're also covered for the same under the free MG Assistance with the car.

Insurance is getting battered from every manufacturer recent event Renault Capture, small crash with broken light, it took 6 months to get the part from France all that time the insurance were paying for a replacement car. I'm sure Brexit will get the blame lol

Hi All,

We have an MG5 SR Excite, we've had it for 2 years and paid £500/a year with sainsbury's for insurance. No claims / convictions etc.

We got our renewal today at a quote of 3+k, And comparing some meercats i'm seeing quotes in the 1k range, but this is still double what we paid last year.

has everyone with an excite crashed in the last year? Can't understand how it's gone up so much! 20% i could maybe understand but 200 - 600% seems bonkers.

Anyone have any tips/good experience with any specific providers?

Thanks
Yes mine went up by £300 I have ZS mk1 and not had a claim in forty years . When I looked around at a lot of companies looks like they have all raised rates by about the same with some quoting well over 1K. I asked few why the increase was told it is inflation and cost of living .

Hi All,

We have an MG5 SR Excite, we've had it for 2 years and paid £500/a year with sainsbury's for insurance. No claims / convictions etc.

We got our renewal today at a quote of 3+k, And comparing some meercats i'm seeing quotes in the 1k range, but this is still double what we paid last year.

has everyone with an excite crashed in the last year? Can't understand how it's gone up so much! 20% i could maybe understand but 200 - 600% seems bonkers.

Thanks
Exactly the same situation as yourself, 2 year old Excite, over 11 years NCD, has over doubled at renewal to £465 from £218 last year. Silly increase, so cheapest I could find on many comparison sites was Hastings Direct at £308 approx 20 days before renewal date.

Hi All,

Thanks
Hi I just got my EV Trophy insurance every one was over £600,my lease company got me insurance for £340 ( which I still think is way over the top) I wonder if it's because it's electric of the brand possibly both.

Same boat here . Sainsburys , who I've been very happy with , are no longer doing car insurance . I'm waiting for a written renewal offer from Churchill . I have done it online and their quote was double what I'm paying now .
I've had a look around and Flow have given the cheapest quote so far .
Ah well , it looks like it's back to the bad old days of changing insurance providers every year :rolleyes:
P.S. I've got 11 years +NCD
I have just got a very good quote for an MG4 from LV. Two named drivers (both 58) for under £400

Same problem here, quotes 23 days ahead were from £2055(Saga) and £2022(LV) to lowest of £966 (Admiral). Last year was £760 (LV). 9 years ncb with a couple of minor parking bumps over the last three years. I guess age may be a major factor, 85 this year! This for a May 2022 MG5 exclusive LR.

My 22reg LR cost me £189.81 with Chuchill on 27th November. I then got £35 cash back from Topcashback.
I was 73 then and wife 69.
Wondering what it'll be this year.

Hi
My insurance went up by £100-150 a year when I changed from my 7 year old diesel to a brand new EV. The cost price must have something to do with it. It's a pity they don't take in account of the enhanced safety features in new cars.

I have just got a very good quote for an MG4 from LV. Two named drivers (both 58) for under £400

That's good to know. When I got my MG4 it was from the first boat load and LV didn't have it on their database, so went with the rather expensive Admiral who were the only company at the time I could find to insure it. At least when I renew this autumn there should be a bit of competition.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom