Insurance details

remarkable1967

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
Not an MG
Sorry guys. I know I've seen this thread somewhere but I can't seem to find it. Just about to get a quote for insurance on a standard range SE MG4 and a previous thread quoted the three insurance ID numbers for the SE SR, SE LR & Trophy. Could someone point me in the right direction please.
Thanks.... Mark

Sorry guys. I know I've seen this thread somewhere but I can't seem to find it. Just about to get a quote for insurance on a standard range SE MG4 and a previous thread quoted the three insurance ID numbers for the SE SR, SE LR & Trophy. Could someone point me in the right direction please.
Thanks.... Mark
Stand down guys. Just found it. Getting old don't you know.....

Just remember it was pinned and it will be easy to find :)

I'm surprised that these are even needed now - surely all the insurers (who want to insure the MG4) already have it established on their databases?

Perhaps they forgot where it was…. 🤪

We can see ours on the dvla but insurance still cant see it. Been 6 days and looking on comparison website, aviva and direct line they are showing it as not found. Yesterday it was showing as my old car because I have a private plate on it. MG and the 24hr drive away insurance is a joke. Now panic time as it sits on the driveway un drivable and insurance company only accept emails. Part of Aviva so you would think that it would be able to be added manually.

Just a thought - try LV - they have insured cars for me when not on DB - they are competitive right now on some EV’s

Had the same issue with Direct Line - couldn't see Trophy version on their system, only the SE. Daft. Went with Beam (the AA) in the end.

LV are nearly double what Aviva/General insurance are wanting. They have the MG4 on there but my registration is not on the database yet. Showing on DVLA ok so there is a breakdown somewhere.

LV was just a thought - not for everyone. Go compare? I’ve found them great for…. Wait for it… comparing.

LV= gave me the best quote - provided I could wait 14+ days for the insurance to start. Admiral (via Multicover) were best when I actually got the car and arranged (the day before, once I knew the VRM) for insurance to start on collection day.

If you get quotes around 20-30 days before you need them to start they tend to be slightly cheaper. I know it sounds crazy but underwriters like those that plan in advance.

Just had a quote from Churchill on an MG4 SE Standard range as I currently have my Kia Sportage Diesel with them. £240 fully comp like for like policy. This is actually £5 cheaper than I pay for the Sportage so I'm well chuffed with that.

I think that Churchill do a run out of battery recovery as standard on their policy too.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 540 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 91 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.5%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back