Insurance

EV enthusiast

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE SR
I’m collecting my MG4 Trophy on Wednesday and my currant insurer Direct Line don’t recognise the MG4 on their database, can anyone recommend a good company that I can try please.

Try a comparison site like ‘go compare’. There’s loads on there. Ps. They might not insure currants though…🤪

Last edited:
I’m collecting my MG4 Trophy on Wednesday and my currant insurer Direct Line don’t recognise the MG4 on their database, can anyone recommend a good company that I can try please.
Yes. Saga insurance recognised the car immediately from MG Motors UK and then MG4, with each of the variants. Ver reasonable and very easy to deal with. Highly recommended.

Really? Maybe their database has been refreshed, as they insured ours 3/4 weeks ago (unless it's just the Trophy they don't recognise, as we have an SE).
Did you get informed via phone or via the website?

Really? Maybe their database has been refreshed, as they insured ours 3/4 weeks ago (unless it's just the Trophy they don't recognise, as we have an SE).
Did you get informed via phone or via the website?
Yes via the Phone, we have been with them for years, I offered him the ABI code, but he said it wouldn’t make any difference. Very poor service by Direct Line they don’t appear to be bothered about loosing established customers.

Yes via the Phone, we have been with them for years, I offered him the ABI code, but he said it wouldn’t make any difference. Very poor service by Direct Line they don’t appear to be bothered about loosing established customers.
Perhaps just got unlucky with the person that answered. Out of interest, have you tried getting a fresh quote online with them (or has that boat well and truly sailed, now)?

I use Halifax Car Insurance which aren't a real insurance company so would be a broker.
Oh ok. I only asked as the traditional insurance broker for car insurance is something I remember from long ago - before the likes of Direct Line and others developed the direct model. We now have online comparison sites - so these have effectively replaced the broker - with a form of online broker!

I have just insured my SE SR with Saga and the premium was £249 which was quite a bit lower than for my previous Ford Fiesta. And it was lower than the lowest quote on Compare the Market.
Thats an exceptional price - I'm with them and are paying £390 a year since Oct 22 - I think it was they couldn't find the car on the system, so put it down as a "Ferrari"??? - my other car is a VW T-Roc (also with Saga), which was more than the mg4 to buy, but cost £109 to insure. At the end of the day it is what it is!

Anyone seen this? - MG 4 SE ELECTRIC BLACK 2022 BREAKING HV BATTERY SPARES PARTS WHEEL NUT | eBay - I might contact them to see how much the battery pack is (as long as SIAC dont have component protection / its an LFP version as can use it in the house also as battery storage)

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 470 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 79 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 45 7.6%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back