mailmannz

Established Member
Reaction score
Peeps,

A lot of this might just be coincidence but pretty much every weekend if I put the car on to charge it will not complete the charge and instead I’ll end up with something like 10-20% added instead of the 40 or 50% that I’m wanting to add via my Ohme charger??

I don’t have this issue during the week so I’m either doing something wrong or something else is going on (after a friend mentioned Octopus throttles charging at times??).

Here you go.

Attachments

• IMG_0022.png
    IMG_0022.png
    157.9 KB · Views: 105
  • IMG_0023.png
    IMG_0023.png
    478.4 KB · Views: 105
What time slots did you get sent when you plugged your car in and what does the graph show?

Is this what you’re after? I’m not sure what you mean about time slots though?

Attachments

• IMG_0024.png
    IMG_0024.png
    410.7 KB · Views: 105
Not familiar with Octopus but it generally works best like this:
  • set charge times in Energy supplier app (disable charge limit)
  • limit charge in the car or via iSmart (disabled the charge schedule)

This will make sure you charge at the lowest rate but also stay within the recommended daily 80-90% SoC

Is this what you’re after? I’m not sure what you mean about time slots though?
Yes that looks great.
On IOG you should get a pop up notification when you plug in about what time slots your car will charging. It doesn't stay up long and if you click on it it will disappear. Just pull it down to expand the information.

Interesting point John. I just checked Ohme and it had the car as a 2021 LR trophy so I changed it to the 2023 LR trophy that it is but the stats all stayed the same?? Maybe that could impact charging?? 🤷‍♂️

Interesting point John. I just checked Ohme and it had the car as a 2021 LR trophy so I changed it to the 2023 LR trophy that it is but the stats all stayed the same?? Maybe that could impact charging?? 🤷‍♂️
My only thougts are if the system thinks its a 30 kWh battery but in reality it's 60 kWh, when you request 50% it would give out 50% of 30 kWh - 15 kWh, the battery of course being 60kWh shows 25% increase.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do not use iSmart charging schedule.

I missed expected charging once with Intelligent Octopus because I setup MG ZS to charge between 11:30pm to 5:30am but my Ohme ePod decided to charge from 5am to 10am just before my trip time at weekend. I need to turn off MG iSmart schedule for charging. My Octopus bill (itemised to half hour) confirmed that I was charged at cheap rate in morning at that weekend.

You don't use the car scheduling, with Octopus Intelligent you have to use the ohhme App. The intelligent part is done by ohme / Octopus the charging will take place when they decide, but at cheap rate. The bonus being, when your car is charging, the whole house is getting electric at 7.5p per Kw. So you can often plan washing and cooking aound charging.

Join this FB Group for more detailed advice, make sure you read the 'read this first' section before posting q's. Good luck

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231104_112846_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20231104_112846_Facebook.jpg
    171.5 KB · Views: 65
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom