Intelligent speed limiter bug or feature

Andrew

Established Member
Reaction score
I think I've found a bug or its a fault my my MG4 Trophy 2023 with the Intelligent speed limiter.

when I start the car and set the intelligent speed limiter on you get 3 dots in a red circle because you have not pass any speed sign, that's correct, drive and as soon as you approach or pass a speed sign the dash changes to the appropriate speed and any subsequent signs you pass gets recognized, but when you slow down or turn a corner the speed circle with change to 3 dot, now here is where the bug is or fault, the car will not recognize anymore speed signs for about 5 minutes
Once the 3 dots appear and you pass any speed signs then select manual on the intelligent speed screen, the speed will instantly shown on the dash, now select intelligent speed limiter again and it will recognize the speed signals again till you turn a corner or slow down.

start car - speed limiter selected - 3 dots - speed signal passed - speed appears in red circle - works fine - till you slow down or turn corner and 3 dot appear.

once 3 dots appears - speed signals will not appear - select manual speed limiter - pass new speed sign - select intelligent limiter - all works again.

Bug or fault?

It's a feature. That is a bug which won't be fixed.
We get the same problem on our Trophy but not consistently - of course.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 511 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back