Interest free loan (0%) over 6 years for up to £28k to buy an EV (Scotland only)

AussiePete

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
For anyone in Scotland considering buying an EV (obviously an MG ZS EV or MG 5 😉) or Electric motorcycle, the Energy Savings Trust (Scotland only) have interest free loans over 6 years.

• up to £28k for a new EV or £20k for a second hand EV
  • up to £10k for a new electric motorcycle or £6k for a second hand one

They are also doing loans of up to £6k for e-bikes over 4 years

It’s a great scheme and when I got my first EV 5 years ago we had free charging in my Council area too. A big incentive to move from an ICE vehicle and whilst charges are now being introduced the decision to get an EV is still a no brainer.

I got both the interest free loan and additional grant for the home charger! If you're in Scotland and thinking of taking the plunge into EV's, get it quick before the Government change the goalposts and/or remove these incentives! :rolleyes:

Cheers

Bloggsy

I got both the interest free loan and additional grant for the home charger! If you're in Scotland and thinking of taking the plunge into EV's, get it quick before the Government change the goalposts and/or remove these incentives! :rolleyes:

Cheers

Bloggsy
How long do you have to live in Scotland for to get these grants, I could do a day or 2 :)

I used this when I bought mine a year ago and it was one of the main factors in making my mind up. It was very easy to apply and has been straight forward since. Very pleased to see it is still available!

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom