Interesting piece on SE & Trophy battery comparison: Views welcome on 100% charge tolerance

Yeah, I'd be interested to learn what the source of this info was if anyone can remember? I've had a quick search but can't spot anything.

It's been posted on here before and is on most of the technical documentation

Well it is a different motor (125kW vs 150kW from memory) so why not different gearing?

For clarity - I don't know that it has different gearing, I'm merely posing the question. :)
Presumably the difference in motor has just as much, if not more, affect than the gearing.

Presumably the difference in motor has just as much, if not more, affect than the gearing.
Quite ... so why is the SR model (with less powerful motor) faster 0-60 than the LR model? Does it have a torque curve that is biased more to the lower revs? (That's the only way I can think of as to why the SR is faster 0-60).

Quite ... so why is the SR model (with less powerful motor) faster 0-60 than the LR model? Does it have a torque curve that is biased more to the lower revs? (That's the only way I can think of as to why the SR is faster 0-60).

I’m wondering if they’ve just got the 0-60 time wrong.

Carwow’s review had the trophy going from 0-60 in 7.1 secs

It has nothing to do with a curve as an electric motor is linear. It is purely gearing which gives both cars identical torque even thought the SR has lower HP. With its 30kg lighter load this means it's faster at accelerating.

It has nothing to do with a curve as an electric motor is linear. It is purely gearing which gives both cars identical torque even thought the SR has lower HP. With its 30kg lighter load this means it's faster at accelerating.
So you're agreeing that the gearing on the SR is different to that on the LR?

The acceleration curve for the motor will be whatever the controller makes it so it can certainly be different purely as a result of software.

Ah - you're talking about vehicle pre-heating rather than battery pre-heating. I know people in other threads have had variable success with vehicle pre-heating after the car has been charging ... I'm not sure it can be scheduled though, just activated manually via the app. (Happy to be corrected).
Sorry i wasn't clear. I'm moving from a Hyundai Ioniq [Which has cabin pre-heat8ing] & my 86-year-old Mum loves the heated seats. My option now is to buy a heated seat pad from Amazon, and just bang on the heater for ten minutes when i first get in. Thanks for your support.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 536 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 90 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.5%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back