Interior Lights When Opening Car Door.

Buster72

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE SR
Really simple question. When I open any of the car doors, should the interior light not come on.
Because they don't for some reason.
I doubt that this is how it should be, so how do I make sure that they do. Once I have got them operating, I plan to replace the standard light with LED and I know there is a YT video showing how to do this.
Thank you.

Check they haven't been switched off. The interior lights should come on when the front doors are opened.

1702561660822.png

Thanks for this. How do I check this?
Apologies if it is a really dim question.
middle button on the light cluster above your head. It's a bit counter-intuitive because you'd expect the button to be on by default. But it isn't. You need to push the button in to the 'on' position for it to be activated by the doors.

middle button on the light cluster above your head. It's a bit counter-intuitive because you'd expect the button to be on by default. But it isn't. You need to push the button in to the 'on' position for it to be activated by the doors.
Thank you. Don't remember switching it off but I could have easily done that by mistake.

Really simple question. When I open any of the car doors, should the interior light not come on.
Because they don't for some reason.
I doubt that this is how it should be, so how do I make sure that they do. Once I have got them operating, I plan to replace the standard light with LED and I know there is a YT video showing how to do this.
Thank you.
I swapped for LED. Pretty straightforward based on the YouTube videos.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 501 79.4%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 84 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 46 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back