Intermittent Welcome Message

dsr

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 Trophy ER
I guess most of us are used to things happening / not happening intermittently. The welcome message seems to be one of these. Is there a way, on start up, to ensure the lady speaks Her welcome?

Unlock.
Get in.
Do not touch anything including the brake pedal.
The message "should" come as expected.
20 to 30 seconds ish

Unlock.
Get in.
Do not touch anything including the brake pedal.
The message "should" come as expected.
20 to 30 seconds ish
Thanks. Sounds a long time, but I will try being patient! I have a turn off LKA message, for my wife and myself. Perhaps sitting, and wondering why I am doing nothing will remind me anyway 🤣

Thanks. Sounds a long time, but I will try being patient! I have a turn off LKA message, for my wife and myself. Perhaps sitting, and wondering why I am doing nothing will remind me anyway 🤣
The only spanner in the works will be if you pre heat via the app, then unlock and get in before the 10 minutes are up.

I find that sometimes you won't get your welcome, your in car sos, might become faulty, or any manner of other warnings might come your way.

Don't worry just do a soft reset.

Press and hold the home button for about 10 seconds and the infotainment will go through the routine again and you " should" get the greeting.

I've told mine to say "Hello Chris and Jenny"
I'm not sure you can make her swear though 🤣🤣
Ah - There's two. The "Hello" one in Settings/Voice you can have either random phrases or type in a phrase. The one I was asking over is the other one that says the date, time and weather forecast, followed by a cheesy reminder to drive safely.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 518 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 89 13.6%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.2%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back