Ionity charging issues -any tips?

captain pugwash

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Couldn’t charge at any of 4 Ionity chargers at Newport Pagnell coach station off M1 today. Other people were not having problems with their EV’s (not MG) on the same chargers. When I plugged in the Charger was just not being recognised on the app. Managed good charge at InstaVolt later in my journey. Just wondering if any one else has had similar problems with Ionity? I was surprised as other posts I’ve read have been positive about Ionity. On my experience today the charger locked in place and then the screen on the charging unit directs you to the phone app. You chose the charger on the app, but then nothing happened. Any tips as to what I may have been doing wrong?

Call them up and they will start a free charge session for you.
They told me that it's best to go through the app first then plug the car in.

Couldn’t charge at any of 4 Ionity chargers at Newport Pagnell coach station off M1 today. Other people were not having problems with their EV’s (not MG) on the same chargers. When I plugged in the Charger was just not being recognised on the app. Managed good charge at InstaVolt later in my journey. Just wondering if any one else has had similar problems with Ionity? I was surprised as other posts I’ve read have been positive about Ionity. On my experience today the charger locked in place and then the screen on the charging unit directs you to the phone app. You chose the charger on the app, but then nothing happened. Any tips as to what I may have been doing wrong?
Try using Bonnet

Never have a problem starting with that and it’s cheaper you can get it as low as 25p kWh

Here is a link to it

https://joinbonnet.page.link/A9mibR9cs6U7VsrH9
Download Bonnet to discover how easy it can be to find a place to charge your electric car in the city 🏎. Register with this code to get £15 off your first upfront payment.

Your code: R7XV8X

Try using Bonnet

Never have a problem starting with that and it’s cheaper you can get it as low as 25p kWh

Here is a link to it

https://joinbonnet.page.link/A9mibR9cs6U7VsrH9
Download Bonnet to discover how easy it can be to find a place to charge your electric car in the city 🏎. Register with this code to get £15 off your first upfront payment.

Your code: R7XV8X
Referral codes not allowed in messages, most of us have them

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom