iPhone 15 Pro Max not connecting/charging

megamac

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Hi all,

Got my new iPhone and finally tried to connect to the MG. The phone has now ditched the lightning port in favour of USB-C.

Plugging it the USB-C port under the infotainment system does nothing. No charge, no Airplay. I will try with another cable and also one of those USB3.0 to USB-C cables and see if that helps.

Anyone else had this problem?? How sad would it be if my 18 month old car is now obsolete for connecting to my new phone…..

The left hand USB port is for CarPlay. As reported in other posts you may need a cable better than the one provided.
The right hand USB-C port should charge your phone. It is also for a USB stick with music files.

The left hand USB port is for CarPlay. As reported in other posts you may need a cable better than the one provided.
The right hand USB-C port should charge your phone. It is also for a USB stick with music files.
Odd, in my car the USB-C is on the left and the USB is on the right. I will let you know if the USB to USB-C cable does the job.

Hi all,

Got my new iPhone and finally tried to connect to the MG. The phone has now ditched the lightning port in favour of USB-C.

Plugging it the USB-C port under the infotainment system does nothing. No charge, no Airplay. I will try with another cable and also one of those USB3.0 to USB-C cables and see if that helps.

Anyone else had this problem?? How sad would it be if my 18 month old car is now obsolete for connecting to my new phone…..
Wrong port - Apple CarPlay and Android Auto require use of the USB-A port only. The USB-C ports are for charging only.

I have the same issue with my iPhone 15 pro max not working with car play.

Have tried USB C to USB C Right hand side, and USB (old version) with usb c on the end. Only charges and doesn't;t connect via car play. Any ideas?

So on my ZS EV Connect (facelift) I needed to use a UBS3 to USB-C cable and it worked.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    279.7 KB · Views: 88
I have the same issue with my iPhone 15 pro max not working with car play.

Have tried USB C to USB C Right hand side, and USB (old version) with usb c on the end. Only charges and doesn't;t connect via car play. Any ideas?
You must have a good cable. Check out this thread Best cable to use for carplay

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom