• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

iPhone charging pad doesn't work

that sounds just like our SE model (y)
Yeah we only have 2 models here, it seems to me that we have SE as the entry level offer, and the Trophy Connect as the "expensive"

The "Connect part" is not worth a whole lot to be honest, it can not realistically be used as a hotspot because it only has 1Gb data, and it can not be used for Amazon Music, as there, as far as i can see, is not "free" option, only paid ones.

To be honest, i would much have prefered them to include di.fm or some other "free" streaming service.

Yeah we only have 2 models here, it seems to me that we have SE as the entry level offer, and the Trophy Connect as the "expensive"

The "Connect part" is not worth a whole lot to be honest, it can not realistically be used as a hotspot because it only has 1Gb data, and it can not be used for Amazon Music, as there, as far as i can see, is not "free" option, only paid ones.

To be honest, i would much have prefered them to include di.fm or some other "free" streaming service.
We have the Trophy and Trophy connect in UK... £500 difference between the two... and a lot of people don't value the connect services at all... Amazon music app.. have it on my phone and android auto... weather, who needs that?... live traffic... have it on my phone with android auto and waze/google maps... wifi hotspot... have 5g on my phone... voice commands... never reliable and usually only a gimmick in my opinion... the only thing on the "connect" lineup that I would like is the integration in the sat nav that will give you chargers within your available range... but thats about it

We have the Trophy and Trophy connect in UK... £500 difference between the two... and a lot of people don't value the connect services at all... Amazon music app.. have it on my phone and android auto... weather, who needs that?... live traffic... have it on my phone with android auto and waze/google maps... wifi hotspot... have 5g on my phone... voice commands... never reliable and usually only a gimmick in my opinion... the only thing on the "connect" lineup that I would like is the integration in the sat nav that will give you chargers within your available range... but thats about it
But just to be clear....Both of the models i mention here have the "big" battery.

Yeah, but does Google maps not support showing chargers available. They even show if they are taken or not if i am not mistaken ?

But just to be clear....Both of the models i mention here have the "big" battery.

Yeah, but does Google maps not support showing chargers available. They even show if they are taken or not if i am not mistaken ?
yeah we have a short range and a long range version here in all trim levels...

I am not sure about google maps, but we have an app called ZapMap which gives locations of most chargers in the UK and whether they are working or not. so again, there are ways around it... it just doesn't take a live feed of the available range in the car, but we have A Better Route Planner which allows you to do this in advance, just not on the fly.

yeah we have a short range and a long range version here in all trim levels...

I am not sure about google maps, but we have an app called ZapMap which gives locations of most chargers in the UK and whether they are working or not. so again, there are ways around it... it just doesn't take a live feed of the available range in the car, but we have A Better Route Planner which allows you to do this in advance, just not on the fly.
To be honest, if i was planning a longer journey, i would probably plan a trip, where the chargers were already factored in. I know roughly what range i would have, and the only unknown factor here is offcourse if they are available.

On a positive note, there seems to be quite a shift in gear, when it comes to adding chargers and fastchargers. I saw 3 legacy petrol companies just come out and open up chargers that are either on motorway rests or on petrol stations. These are 150 KWh or more, fast chargers so they have the potential to really get cars charged in "no time" and with the posibility to pay at the charger, with a credit card. I bet in a few years you will not struggle to find a charger that does not need you to buy a specific chip for a specific company.

I thought OTA updates where available on all face lift models in the U.K. ?????.
Vocal weather forecast announcements are only feature on the higher priced Trophy Connect model in the U.K.
Watch the latest MG EVs Community podcast from Monday this week as @Miles Roberts CG mentions that OTA updates on the facelift ZS EV were mis-sold / represented to the MG sales team and actually do not work as advertised in the press and will not update BMS/ECU so OTA is only likely to update the android infotainment system security updates but that’s about it.

Last edited:
Watch the latest MG EVs Community podcast from Monday this week as @Miles Roberts CG mentions that OTA updates on the facelift ZS EV were mis-sold / represented to the MG sales team and actually do not work as advertised in the press and will not update BMS/ECU so OTA is only likely to update the android infotainment system security updates but that’s about it.

Thanks for that.
I did watch the pod cast live on Monday, brilliant source of information.
My original post was in responce to somebody, who thought that the OTA updates where only available to Trophy models and above spec and not SE.
As is turns out now, the OTA update situation is extremely limited ( almost nonexistent ) in its usefulness.
It feels a little like you have handed over a present 🎁 then quickly snatched it back !.
Here is what you could have won 🏆 type thing !.
I feel this will only become a REAL annoyance to owners, and keep raise its ugly head, if the car needs to make frequent visits to the dealer for vital updates.
You can just hear it now :-
“If the OTA was working ( as it was featured with the car ) then I would not be standing here right now, on my day off work wasting my valuable time”.
You just know it’s coming 😖.

Thanks for that.
I did watch the pod cast live on Monday, brilliant source of information.
My original post was in responce to somebody, who thought that the OTA updates where only available to Trophy models and above spec and not SE.
As is turns out now, the OTA update situation is extremely limited ( almost nonexistent ) in its usefulness.
It feels a little like you have handed over a present 🎁 then quickly snatched it back !.
Here is what you could have won 🏆 type thing !.
I feel this will only become a REAL annoyance to owners, and keep raise its ugly head, if the car needs to make frequent visits to the dealer for vital updates.
You can just hear it now :-
“If the OTA was working ( as it was featured with the car ) then I would not be standing here right now, on my day off work wasting my valuable time”.
You just know it’s coming 😖.
If it’s anything like owning my mki zs EV for the last 26 months my main updates were performed at the annual service intervals unless an MG request is sent out. There were occasions that owners are asked to go in to receive a software fix. I don’t think It’s too onerous to go in to your dealer to have the software updates if you leave this process to annual service visits but I agree it is misleading (not dealers fault) that OTA updates were sold to new customers.

If it’s anything like owning my mki zs EV for the last 26 months my main updates were performed at the annual service intervals unless an MG request is sent out. There were occasions that owners are asked to go in to receive a software fix. I don’t think It’s too onerous to go in to your dealer to have the software updates if you leave this process to annual service visits but I agree it is misleading (not dealers fault) that OTA updates were sold to new customers.
I will be in NO great rush to submit my face lift model for updates, unless the car develops any problems in the mean time of course.
I learnt to be patient after the problems I encountered with my previous Gen1 model.
When it entered the dealer for a service and what should have been a very straight forward job.
Resulting in the car being totally immobilised for 3 days !.

I will be in NO great rush to submit my face lift model for updates, unless the car develops any problems in the mean time of course.
I learnt to be patient after the problems I encountered with my previous Gen1 model.
When it entered the dealer for a service and what should have been a very straight forward job.
Resulting in the car being totally immobilised for 3 days !.
Just bear in mind a few owners have experienced rapid charging issues with the Gen2 facelift ZS EV so make sure if you haven't already picked up your car that the dealer updates the car prior to collection..

Just bear in mind a few owners have experienced rapid charging issues with the Gen2 facelift ZS EV so make sure if you haven't already picked up your car that the dealer updates the car prior to collection..
I will be avoiding rapid charging until a time where by any updates have been proven.
Once bitten, twice shy ( as the day ).

Hello, when putting the iphone on the pad in the car, it doesn't automaticly start charging the battery of teh iphone. Does anybody knows this problem and did find out a solution?

Best regards, Marco
I have had the same problem with my iPhone 12 even without a case on. I think the charge pad is just sensitive to where you put it. As if I move it slightly then it works. But if it moves when going round a corner etc it stops charging again.

I just wish I had a newer Iphone that offered wireless charging so I could use this in my Trophy Connect but as its an old IOS Iphone6 ill make do with the 12v socket connector that converts to usb socket with a wire to the phone (old school):)

I just wish I had a newer Iphone that offered wireless charging so I could use this in my Trophy Connect but as its an old IOS Iphone6 ill make do with the 12v socket connector that converts to usb socket with a wire to the phone (old school):)
A good testament to the reliability of the Apple 🍏 IPhone 6 device then !.
But given the age of the hand set and the battery, plus the software updates that Apple keep send to slow down our phone’s, I am surprised it is still practical really 🤣 !.
A upgrade to a newer model with wireless charging, will be heading up your Christmas list I feel ! 👍.

A good testament to the reliability of the Apple 🍏 IPhone 6 device then !.
But given the age of the hand set and the battery, plus the software updates that Apple keep send to slow down our phone’s, I am surprised it is still practical really 🤣 !.
A upgrade to a newer model with wireless charging, will be heading up your Christmas list I feel ! 👍.
Unfortunately not on the new phone front as it's a work phone so I am keeping the out of date Iphone to avoid having to move to Samsung the only alternative.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom