Is BP Pulse Discount for MG owners accessing their public charging true?

evbull

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I came across following older article. Is it still valid and has anyone tried? How to get this discount while using BP pluse public charging network?

MG & BP Pulse Discount

Also is another charging network that you are away that gives discount for MG EV owners? The fast chargers are getting expensive!!

As far as I can see from the text in the link provided is that you can get a discounted EVSE and a first month free subscription to BP Pulse charging app. Not worth the electrons that were used to display it on my screen.

'New MG EV owners will receive a discount when they order a bp pulse homecharger. App-enabled bp pulse homecharge units enable customers to charge reliably and conveniently at home, with the ability to precisely schedule charging times to take advantage of dynamic energy tariffs.

Customers can also receive the public sign-up offer for membership of the UK’s most utilised public charging network, bp pulse, enabling them to benefit from the lowest bp pulse tariffs plus a 1-month free subscription.'

When it says 'the public sign' up it means what everyone can do anyway, nothing special for MG customers.

Unless you spend your life in the road just use pay as you go, not worth signing up to all the various apps.
Yes totally agree though 78-80p is quite pricey and specially equal to ICE costs for long journeys. It's gotta come down. I do try to charge at home most but my commute is long and do have to rely on fast chargers.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom