Is BP Pulse Discount for MG owners accessing their public charging true?

When you read it, it mentions when you order a home charger. However they no longer supply home chargers. I dont know if it was appropriate at the time Dec 22?

When you read it, it mentions when you order a home charger. However they no longer supply home chargers. I dont know if it was appropriate at the time Dec 22?
Yes I read that but also read this, "Customers can also receive the public sign-up offer for membership of the UK’s most utilised public charging network, bp pulse, enabling them to benefit from the lowest bp pulse tariffs plus a 1-month free subscription. That means drivers can access over 8,750 public charging points when on the road in the UK, including 3,200 rapid and ultra-fast charge points."

MG should do a deal with existing charging network...I know that Polestar has same agreement with BP Pulse.

It would be great if anyone has info about potential discount with BP Pulse or other networks. It would be really handy!!

The idea is that you get some time to plug in straight away and it starts charging. You then have 5 (used to be 15) minutes to connect to the app and verify the charge. They already have your deposit so you could only every get those few mins “free”.but apparently some folk did try connecting and disconnecting repeatedly 🤷‍♂️
Personally I preferred getting on with the shopping or the vegan breakfast in the Tesco store - but each to their own.

But still every 5 mins could you disconnect and reconnect every 5 mins and in a few hours get a full charge for free?
The Tesco here has 22kW chargers so what a faff trying to get a meaningful bunch of Watts there. And folk say I’m mean ??🤣

Replace the word 'hours' with 'days' for what you want to do
Ah yes let’s use only 5 minute free bursts on Podpoint chargers to do Lands End to John o’ Groats In an electrified double decker bus and once and for all conclusively prove that oil based propulsion is the only way forward.

But still every 5 mins could you disconnect and reconnect every 5 mins and in a few hours get a full charge for free?
You could, but even if you didn't lose up to a minute of that each time while the car & charger negotiate charging speed, you'd only get roughly 0.8kWh at best in each 5min cycle.
That means a full charge on a 51kWh SE SR would take around 2.5 days!

TL;DR - It's absolutely not worth doing.

You could, but even if you didn't lose up to a minute of that each time while the car & charger negotiate charging speed, you'd only get roughly 0.8kWh at best in each 5min cycle.
That means a full charge on a 51kWh SE SR would take around 2.5 days!

TL;DR - It's absolutely not worth doing.
So my bus idea’s a bummer then ?
Just as well ‘cos I had 48 applications to join the expedition and only places for 45.
I hate disappointing people 😂😂

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 519 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 89 13.6%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.2%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel