Is it me, or does the App timeout more than it connects?

What's just as interesting, will they offer owners to renew this for another 5 years or will the car's online functionality just quietly die after 5 years, with no possibility of renewal.

Also, what happens after 5 years if i dont renew, does the car then essentially become a "non-connect" and do i then need to have the infotainment updated at the dealer, instead of OTA. (Or will the OTA function still work, if i connect it to some form of wifi that has internet connection).

I guess no one will know right now, and we will find out sometime in the future.
Definitely time will tell one would think no need for software updates after 5 years problems should be ironed out on saying that I don't think the 5 years is for OTA updates it's for live services and the SE and trophy don't have live services but still get OTA updates

Definitely time will tell one would think no need for software updates after 5 years problems should be ironed out on saying that I don't think the 5 years is for OTA updates it's for live services and the SE and trophy don't have live services but still get OTA updates
Here, the LR without sunroof (Comfort) does not get OTA updates, as per MG's website, this feature is reserved for the "Luxury"

The comfort is also not able to be controlled via the app, and have live traffic update and so on.

I get the distinct feeling that those features are missing because there is not "simcard" in the car (SOS would work anyway as it is always possible to call emergency services, on a cellphone, even without a simcard).

Here, the LR without sunroof (Comfort) does not get OTA updates, as per MG's website, this feature is reserved for the "Luxury"

The comfort is also not able to be controlled via the app, and have live traffic update and so on.

I get the distinct feeling that those features are missing because there is not "simcard" in the car (SOS would work anyway as it is always possible to call emergency services, on a cellphone, even without a simcard).
OK that makes sense here in the UK all models get OTA and Iconnect but only the trophy connect gets live services like traffic and amazon

What's just as interesting, will they offer owners to renew this for another 5 years or will the car's online functionality just quietly die after 5 years, with no possibility of renewal.

Also, what happens after 5 years if i dont renew, does the car then essentially become a "non-connect" and do i then need to have the infotainment updated at the dealer, instead of OTA. (Or will the OTA function still work, if i connect it to some form of wifi that has internet connection).

I guess no one will know right now, and we will find out sometime in the future.
my car says connected service will end 1 April 2027. The interesting thing is that no map update available now. I could not update the map despite this period. Anyway I think after 5 years aftermarket solutions will be used.

my car says connected service will end 1 April 2027. The interesting thing is that no map update available now. I could not update the map despite this period. Anyway I think after 5 years aftermarket solutions will be used.
Yer probably geographical differences as I see your in Turkey your are right after 5 years aftermarket Solutions should be available for maps or even a side load as its a Android system

So the extra £500 for the connect is for 5 year subscription interesting as my dealer said it was for life?
Be aware that ours is an EU spec vehicle, and although it is the same as the UK's Trophy Connect (with the exception that we have a 3 phase charger on the LR in Europe), there may be some subscription/pricing differences between France and the UK.

It is an interesting question that we have posed to our dealer to answer though, I'm not holding my breath for a response though ......

Last edited:
my car says connected service will end 1 April 2027. .....
Exactly the same date as ours.

Thinking about this, perhaps it's entirely coincidence that this happened to be the the 5 year anniversary of our purchase date and April 1st 2027 is, in fact, when MGs agreement with HERE ends for online services (unless it's extended)? That would make more sense.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom