Is there an acronym list?

Emu7

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
I'm getting used to my new MG5. There's so much useful information on this forum but I don't understand all the acronyms. Is there a list somewhere that explains them? If not, could people help here?

These are the ones I think I've figured out.

SOC: state of charge
EPB: electronic parking brake
ICE: internal combustion engine

I'm getting used to my new MG5. There's so much useful information on this forum but I don't understand all the acronyms. Is there a list somewhere that explains them? If not, could people help here?

These are the ones I think I've figured out.

SOC: state of charge
EPB: electronic parking brake
ICE: internal combustion engine
You've missed one....
TLA

(three letter abbreviation);)

What annoys me is they use acronyms in the manual for fuses and relays, but don't tell you what they mean. :(

Could you tell me what these mean:
ACC?
GOM?

also, not an acronym question but what type of charger is DC and what type is AC? I'm guessing my ohme home box is AC.

Thanks Lguk, I spent yesterday afternoon reading the manual while pressing buttons in the car 😁

ACC - Adaptive Cruise Control. The system can self adjust to take into account other vehicles in front of you.

GOM - the affectionately named Guess-O-Meter. Is the estimated range left on the battery, as you can guess from the name, its not accurate.

AC is your home charger. And anything sub 22kw in public. It uses a type 2 connector (top bung only) the car has a built in charger that converts the AC to DC to store in the battery.
DC are your rapid chargers 50+ kW that use the CCS connector (top and bottom rubber bungs) to deliver DC direct to the battery.

MG. Morris Garages. Sorry couldn’t resist 😂

LR long range

SR short range.

GC. Granny charger the one supplied with your car

Illustrates the point that you shouldn't assume anything listed here is actually correct!
You are getting opinions which may or may not also be fact.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom