Is there an MG5 coming?

Blavichu

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
Not an MG
A few days ago I watched a Youtube video from The Late Brake Show reviewing the new MG4, and while driving it Johnny mentions that a new version of the MG5 is coming sometime next year. By his words, I understood that he was talking about a new car with a new platform, not talking about the restyling that already occured with the MG5, and that's why I'm confused. Why should he mention that a new version is coming if this version is even out before the MG4?

Maybe they're updating the MG5 with the nebula platform, increasing the range or at least updating it at the same level as the MG4 in terms of platform, motors and battery.

Does anyone know anything about it? Thanks in advance and excuse my english, since it's not my first language.

I'll leave you the video I'm referring to:

It's unlikely I think. any new model based on their new modular design will have a different name/number. Could do with a proper ground up EV estate car though.

I think Johnny was making reference to the MG5 facelift model, that we are likely to see arrive in the UK in 2023.
The MG5 based on the latest platform like the MG4 is not on the radar for the UK as of yet.

Last edited:
As above, only the facelift due next year although there may well be a Station Wagon based on the new platform in the long term pipeline.

He says refreshed MG5, it is the facelift version he is talking about that the UK is getting, that is already produced for Europe. It is not a new MG5 using the MSP platform system. The MG4 and future EV models use the MSP platform.

Oh I see. I didn't know that the facelifted version of the MG5 wasn't yet available in the UK.

That solves the issue, then. Thanks for your replies.

I think Johnny was making reference to the MG5 facelift model, that we are likely to see arrive in the UK in 20023.
The MG5 based on the latest platform like the MG4 is not on the radar for the UK as of yet.
I know this is a typo, but it made me cackle... At the rate MG is supplying the ZS, the above may well be more accurate than any delivery date we've had thus far :ROFLMAO:

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom