Is there such a thing as an ev charger protector?

blader1611

Standard Member
Reaction score
Just had my Ohme Home pro charger installed but it is on the side of the house that gets the full weather treatment. Can you purchase a cover/shield to help protect the plug from the worse of the Yorkshire weather.

I made one for my charger myself but I'm handy. If you can't do that you could look for a wall mounted 'box' or cabinet of some kind that would do the job?

Just had my Ohme Home pro charger installed but it is on the side of the house that gets the full weather treatment. Can you purchase a cover/shield to help protect the plug from the worse of the Yorkshire weather.
Me personally I wouldnt bother, my Zappi has been sat on the wall for the last 3 years with no issues, it doesnt look faded or tired etc. I do wash it when I wash my car (using a karcher steam cleaner) and then give it a quick polish when do my car.

I made this for my Zappi out of an old roofing slate and a couple of shelving brackets from Amazon bent to give a downward slope.

The solar panel on top is for the Ring doorbell.

IMG_20230809_095017880_HDR.jpg

I made this for my Zappi out of an old roofing slate and a couple of shelving brackets from Amazon bent to give a downward slope.

The solar panel on top is for the Ring doorbell.

View attachment 25758
In all honesty, I doubt that offers Zappi much protection, then again, it doesn't need any.

In all honesty, I doubt that offers Zappi much protection, then again, it doesn't need any.
True but it does offer some protection from the rain on the top where the front and back join and stops the water running down between the wall and the casing. It also provides some shade in the summer when the sun is at it's hottest.

My Rolec has been outside uncovered for 4 years facing southwest at the top of an exposed hill and battered by rain and wind. No related problems. It's designed to be outside, just like my doorbell and the outside lights. :)

True but it does offer some protection from the rain on the top where the front and back join and stops the water running down between the wall and the casing. It also provides some shade in the summer when the sun is at it's hottest.
Fair comment, you neednt worry though, Zappi is as good as it gets.

I made a wooden box for mine because the charger is bright white and sits on the front of the house (mistake in siting choices on my part). The wood makes it less of an eyesore and provides hanging support for the cable.

I made a wooden box for mine because the charger is bright white and sits on the front of the house (mistake in siting choices on my part). The wood makes it less of an eyesore and provides hanging support for the cable.
Hopefully you provide plenty of ventilation? That can be important.

I've got a small stainless steel canopy that I got off eBay that sits above my Zappi. It's useless for weather protection but the charger is mounted directly below my Sky dish and the pigeons like to roost on that so it keeps the crap off the charger and more importantly, the cable.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom