MG4 - Is the QUBEV charger compatible with the Intelligent Octopus Go tariff for an MG4

sapixx

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE LR
Hi, I am fresh on the EV world. Have an MG4 from some months ago and I am looking to install a home charger to get the Intelligent Octopus Pro tariff.
The Octopus website shows that with an MG4 the only chargers compatible with the Intelligent Go tariff are the Ohme and Wallbox Pulsar chargers.
Have any of you an MG4 and the Intelligent Go tariff using a charger different than the two brands mentioned above?
I was looking for a QUBEV charger but I am unsure Octopus will accept the go tariff with that charger.
Thanks so much

No

Only Ohme, Zappi and Wallbox at the moment but more 'may' come online at some point.

I have the Zappi and it works very well.

Whew, I'm glad you said that, because I'm about to get a Zappi and my installer was waxing lyrical about Octopus tariffs. He was showing me Flux, which seems amazing.

Whew, I'm glad you said that, because I'm about to get a Zappi and my installer was waxing lyrical about Octopus tariffs. He was showing me Flux, which seems amazing.
If you haven't signed up to Octopus yet you can use this link and we each get a £50 credit to our account

I don't know much about it, tbh, (hubbie has been dealing with all this stuff, since he works at home) but maybe your meter needs to be changed? We did have to have that done before we could switch, I think.

You can switch from another supplier to a standard Octopus tariff, then when you get a compatible charger switching to IOG just needs a simple test charge procedure you do yourself.

Switch to Octopus Go then when you get the charger fitted move to Intelligent Go. Ordinary Go gives less cheap hours but at least then Octopus will know that they can get the required meter readings.

When I looked at their web site they said my present setup wasn't eligible.
You need a SMET2 smart meter and one of the compatible chargers or a compatible car to switch to IOG.

If you aren’t already with Octopus then you’re probably better starting a switch to them with a standard tariff first. If you don’t have a SMET2 meter then ask them to fit one as soon as you’re with them.

Used to be that you need a months worth of half hourly readings before they let you switch to a smart tariff, but may have changed. It’s certainly worth looking at getting your ducks in a row.

They still do. I switched recently and you can choose a tariff only after you signed up for a month.
For my usage pattern it does not benefit me in the slightest to be on IOG or OG but I like their app and their comprehensive data

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 511 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back