Is there V2l on a 2023 ZS EV TROPHY connect UK model?

T16ger

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Hi all
I'm new to this forum. I've recently leased an MG ZS EV trophy connect long range in the UK. It's a 2023 model. I specifically wanted V2L for camping trips away.
Information on this is patchy at best and thankfully I found this forum. I've searched and there are lots of v2l related threads, but I'm still confused about it. I just ordered an adapter from Ebay, which isn't recognised by the car. So I ordered a more expensive adapter cable. That hasn't arrived yet. But when I messaged the first seller regarding the adapter not working, they said that it's for a 2022 model and that the 2023/4 model doesn't have V2l, which I find hard to believe. The infotainment system does have a charging and discharging screen.
Can someone please confirm definitively whether my car has, or doesn't have V2l please? If it doesn't I'll be a bit cheesed off to say the least as this was one of the main reasons I went for this car. If that's the case, it's there a work around?
Thanks in advance for your responses.

Was it advertised as having V2L when you ordered it? If so, the dealership will have to exchange the inverter unit under warranty.

There are a number of people on the forum who have had it done.

Oh, and welcome to the forum.

Hi all
I'm new to this forum. I've recently leased an MG ZS EV trophy connect long range in the UK. It's a 2023 model. I specifically wanted V2L for camping trips away.
Information on this is patchy at best and thankfully I found this forum. I've searched and there are lots of v2l related threads, but I'm still confused about it. I just ordered an adapter from Ebay, which isn't recognised by the car. So I ordered a more expensive adapter cable. That hasn't arrived yet. But when I messaged the first seller regarding the adapter not working, they said that it's for a 2022 model and that the 2023/4 model doesn't have V2l, which I find hard to believe. The infotainment system does have a charging and discharging screen.
Can someone please confirm definitively whether my car has, or doesn't have V2l please? If it doesn't I'll be a bit cheesed off to say the least as this was one of the main reasons I went for this car. If that's the case, it's there a work around?
Thanks in advance for your responses.
I've seen 2 different adapters on eBay for older and newer ZS - have you got the right one?
There was another post on this forum like yours, search for V2L
This is something I also need to find out about my car but it's lower on the "to-do" list ...

Was it advertised as having V2L when you ordered it? If so, the dealership will have to exchange the inverter unit under warranty.

There are a number of people on the forum who have had it done.

Oh, and welcome to the forum.
I leased through a leasing company, not direct to an MG dealership but I did specifically mention my wanting V2l and have an email asking the rep to confirm if the discharge cable was an included accessory. So I have an audit trail of sorts.
This morning I have actually looked at the user manual in the infotainment system in the car, rather than a download, and it does mention V2l capability, so I'm hoping the new cable will work.
Otherwise I think I warranty claim via the lease company is the route to go, given that the manual states I should have V2l.
Page 184, screenshot attached for others reference.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom