• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

Is this the beginning of 'Rustgate' for the MG ZS EV?

Hi

I have a mg zs white 2019 and now rusting in the underbody at seams, car jack circle points are the worst and the metal edges as if it is rusting from the inside

mg have been little help directly and via the dealer and say this is surface staining - disappointed in their brand quality tbh as only untreated metal will rust

now the finance company are involved and investigating and the dealer bodyshop are now investigating

ombudsman is the last option if i dont get the outcome i would like

any feedback

thanks

Ok, an update from my previous post last Sunday. Yesterday I used the last of my Dinitrol cavity wax to inject the cills . When I did a “dry run” with the injection pipe it had yellow wax on its tip which could only have got there if there was already wax in the cill. Therefore, I didn’t need to carry out the operation.
In conclusion I believe the cills are cavity wax injected at the factory. It’s a shame it’s not carried out elsewhere on the car.
PS, the remaining wax was used to inject box sections within the motor bay and inside the bonnet.

Hi

I have a mg zs white 2019 and now rusting in the underbody at seams, car jack circle points are the worst and the metal edges as if it is rusting from the inside

mg have been little help directly and via the dealer and say this is surface staining - disappointed in their brand quality tbh as only untreated metal will rust

now the finance company are involved and investigating and the dealer bodyshop are now investigating

ombudsman is the last option if i dont get the outcome i would like

any feedback

thanks
Just purchased 2019 essence in Sri Lanka. Definitely a rust issue behind the back wheel area. A metal arm is rusting and its not surface rust.

Just purchased 2019 essence in Sri Lanka. Definitely a rust issue behind the back wheel area. A metal arm is rusting and its not surface rust.
hi bimal can you pop some photo's on here interesting to see how the MG is preforming in the rest of the world as in the UK we have lots of road salt used in the winter months

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom