ISMART app blank

IMG_1713.png

I have uninstalled the app attempted to unbind but there is no option it says unbind in the app… can anyone help?

My app data has wiped apart from the binding and profile, how can I delete the biniding in the app as it won't allow me in the car... fustrating.

Your iSmart account is on the MG server, the app is just the portal to that server. Try deleting and reinstalling the app and try logging in again.

I don't think that'll work as I suspect the MG server will be blind to the app being deleted. (Edit: I see what you mean now - removing the app may remove any traces of cached data, so a reload means the app is setting up again from fresh)

@SamSam If the above doesn't work I suggest you contact your dealer (MG won't respond to you directly) and get them to request that MG delete the binding of your car so that you can setup afresh. You might need to explain this in words of 1 syllable to the dealer. :)

Assuming you "bound" the account previously and have reinstalled the app

Have you logged back in to your MG ismart account first? Same user ID same password?

The initial "bind" just linked your car to your ismart account nothing more nothing less. That link should still be active if set up initially

Your iSmart account is on the MG server, the app is just the portal to that server. Try deleting and reinstalling the app and try logging in again.
Thank you for your reply. I actually did that, it’s still asking me to Bind, and when I try it says it’s already bound, try deleting it on the app… where there is no option to do so…

I don't think that'll work as I suspect the MG server will be blind to the app being deleted. (Edit: I see what you mean now - removing the app may remove any traces of cached data, so a reload means the app is setting up again from fresh)

@SamSam If the above doesn't work I suggest you contact your dealer (MG won't respond to you directly) and get them to request that MG delete the binding of your car so that you can setup afresh. You might need to explain this in words of 1 syllable to the dealer. :)
Many thanks, as will try that….

Have you logged back in to your MG ismart account first? Same user ID same password?

The initial "bind" just linked your car to your ismart account nothing more nothing less. That link should still be active if set up initially
I did and this is the screen I get… nothing connected
Please keep everything to the one thread.

sorry….

Not your fault mate. :)
Apologies just really frustrated..

In theory it is still linked but a blank screen appears, no battery not location Nada…. Just telling me to bind which it already is…
Going to contact the dealer to speak to MG HQ as suggested.

I made the mistake of originally logging in using my email address and then trying to log in using my phone number.

My app data has wiped apart from the binding and profile, how can I delete the biniding in the app as it won't allow me in the car... fustrating.

Same story for me. My app worked for about a month after purchasing a MG Trophy ZS EV , then the app looked like yours. After three trips back to the dealer, 2 phone calls and an email to MG, nothing was resolved, I have given up ! Very frustrated!! I will read this thread with interest 🤞🤞

Last edited by a moderator:
The unfortunate thing is that we got no control.

For my home automation I do my best to purchase products that I know can remain off the cloud and connected to my LAN only.

The day MG kills the server this whole service is gone. Something needs to be done

OH, dear,
Had our MG for 2 months and have just started exchanging messages with MG HQ. This gives me little hope it will ever bind. (or if it does, it will be fleeting)
So running out in the rain to check if the car's charged is a permanent sitch, eh? Yet another "product support" app that's a hoax.

OH, dear,
Had our MG for 2 months and have just started exchanging messages with MG HQ. This gives me little hope it will ever bind. (or if it does, it will be fleeting)
So running out in the rain to check if the car's charged is a permanent sitch, eh? Yet another "product support" app that's a hoax.
I suspect that in time regulators will command that a manufacturer must at least allow for a customer to use their own SIMs... the 'when' remains to be seen

Same story for me. My app worked for about a month after purchasing a MG Trophy ZS EV , then the app looked like yours. After three trips back to the dealer, 2 phone calls and an email to MG, nothing was resolved, I have given up ! Very frustrated!! I will read this thread with interest 🤞🤞
Can I suggest you confirm which account the car was bind with, I originally bound with an email account, but was trying to log in with my phone number, when I swapped back over, it came back…. Not always 100% but it’s now working.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 519 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 89 13.6%
  • No

Votes: 48 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back