ISmart app not binding to MG ZS EV

@Fads54
If you mean the code on the app, which allows you to pre heat car or unlock/drive without the key etc., then you do just set your own code. It’s not something that is sent to you.

The code that allows the set up of the app initially does come via your mobile phone number or email.

Did you resolve this? I am trying same
I did but no sure how after it went to dealers who checked everything they couldn’t understand why it wasn’t working and only suggestion was keep trying.
I did and about 8 weeks later it decided to accept my phone number rather than my email I followed the prompts and it worked, hope you get it sorted !

Hello fellow MG EVers,

I recently purchased an ex demo MG ZS Trophy Connect and I'm having real issues trying to get my car to bind with the app.

App download and account created no problem. When I go to scan the QR code and click login I can see the car screen update with my account but the app doesn't bind to the car.

Has anyone else experienced this? Know of any fixes 🤞

Thanks

Just as a quick info update. Called the dealer they say no one was bound to that vehicle. I have also emailed support but from previous responses I'm not holding out much hope. Finally I'm using a pixel 6 on the latest version of Android (13) so unless that is causing issues? Another edit tried my wife's phone on android 11 still a no go.
Did you ever fix this?

Yes in the first instance since then it came offline and although it recognises my car on log in still doesn’t bind

No not fixed because without binding the app doesn’t work so although it doesn’t affect the driving the app would allow me to cool or heat the car or check my charge ?

Ok, success, all sorted, did a factory reset of the infortainment system, then viola! QR code scanned and car added to app. And yes this action removes any BT connections, audio settings and driver assist related settings, not a biggie to re configure.

Guess its a classic IT thing, "have you restarted your PC sir"

Cyril
How do you do a factory reset

Binding the app won't work unless the previous owner is removed. The car won't tell you if the previous owner is still connected. I asked MG HQ to remove him.

Same. I have a MG ZS EV 2022.
Initially, the app worked fine.
After 16th November, it would no longer connect.
A week later, I unbound the car from my phone and tried to bind it again.
Every time I have tried this over the last few weeks, even with another phone, I immediately get an error message saying the service is not available and to please try again later.
I have the same problem

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom