iSmart app / QR verfication of car ?

vetalas

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Morning,

Just picked up my brand new blue 2022 EZ EV and loving it so far.
However, trying to set up the MG iSmart app is kind of a pain in the ass.
Got my MG account set up/verified with both phone and e-mail. UI is set up in Norwegian.

Question is, do I need to scan the QR code with iSmart app to connect with the car? I can't get it to scan and complete.. tried under different light conditions. Have a new Sony Xperia but the in app camera seems out of focus.
Anyway if I login with same account on both app and in the car is shows the same chassis nr. and presumably the same car. But the app dosnt' connect nor control my car.
So I guess its because I can't scan the qr code correctly?
Also the app is kind of slow and unresponsive, but according to google play reviews I'm not alone =)

Tips anyone? :)

Morning,

Just picked up my brand new blue 2022 EZ EV and loving it so far.
However, trying to set up the MG iSmart app is kind of a pain in the ass.
Got my MG account set up/verified with both phone and e-mail. UI is set up in Norwegian.

Question is, do I need to scan the QR code with iSmart app to connect with the car? I can't get it to scan and complete.. tried under different light conditions. Have a new Sony Xperia but the in app camera seems out of focus.
Anyway if I login with same account on both app and in the car is shows the same chassis nr. and presumably the same car. But the app dosnt' connect nor control my car.
So I guess its because I can't scan the qr code correctly?
Also the app is kind of slow and unresponsive, but according to google play reviews I'm not alone =)

Tips anyone? :)
Try a different Android phone? You can unbind the car later on if it worked. it works perfectly fine on Samsung for me.

Congratulations on getting your rare new car! :)

Is the car bound to another phone? That seems to be a common problem. Check with the dealership.

Okay a small update:
Managed to scan qr code on infotainment system and got "connected"
Still nothing is working in the app. Chassis nr. is the same in both, but car name is "MG iSmart" on the screen and EV EZ on my phone.

Tried to reset the infotainment system and when rebooting I saw a short message that the car is bound. Don't know if its to me or someone else.
Is there a setting for un-bounding on the new car? Can't fint it?

This is from yesterday when I first set up my first car, under command in iSmart app.
So I guess its bound to me after all...

Attachments

• bound.jpg
    bound.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 449
Okay a small update:
Managed to scan qr code on infotainment system and got "connected"
Still nothing is working in the app. Chassis nr. is the same in both, but car name is "MG iSmart" on the screen and EV EZ on my phone.

Tried to reset the infotainment system and when rebooting I saw a short message that the car is bound. Don't know if its to me or someone else.
Is there a setting for un-bounding on the new car? Can't fint it?
In iSmart --> messages under command, I think if you swipe left or right it deletes the binding. I remember reading this vaguely on some other post. Give it a try.

In iSmart --> messages under command, I think if you swipe left or right it deletes the binding. I remember reading this vaguely on some other post. Give it a try.
Okay thanks. I deleted them both in the app by sliding left. Didn't help.

So since I get: "this car is already bound" when I reset and try to setup infotainment system:
Who can undo this? Dealer or online contact?

Okay thanks. I deleted them both in the app by sliding left. Didn't help.

So since I get: "this car is already bound" when I reset and try to setup infotainment system:
Who can undo this? Dealer or online contact?
Get in touch with the dealer, it sounds very much like somebody has "Bind" their own phone to the car you are driving by the sounds of it !.
Was the car an X Demo model by any chance ??.
Somebody at the dealership, has their phone locked to the car and they need to "Unbind" it, then it will work correctly.
Failing that, the dealer can contact MG Tech Team, who can manually "Unbind" the car at their end.
This very thing happened recently, when somebody out on a test drive, thought it was a good idea to "Bind" there phone to the dealer demo car !.

Ive managed to bind my phone to the car ok, so how does my wife's phone get bound to the car now because it says its already bound.

Managed to unbind the car in the app (didn't know you could double tap the car symbol and there would be another meny called vehicles) This also removes user in the car.
After unbinding the bind process works as intended and I can set up the pairing as intented.
Still no connection between the app and car when finished pairing...
Frustating!

I've sent MG an e-mail, there might an issues with servers/app in other countries.

Ive managed to bind my phone to the car ok, so how does my wife's phone get bound to the car now because it says its already bound.
OK, so worked it out. Both phones have to have the same login details and therefore use the same MG iSmart account. To get the second phone to connect I had to connect the phone to the car via a USB cable the first time and then it connected straight away. Both phones now connect wirelessly to the car via the App, but just one phone at a time of course.

The iSmart app finally connected to my car today.
I've been using Android auto with Google maps for navigation, but apparently when I started MG's navigation system and sat my home address, voila... I'm now connected and can control the car.
Weird.

So my phone is connected fine, but the wife also wanted to have her phone being able to control the car.

Tried the "Log into the app with both phones using the samme credentials" but when i tried hers, it said "You are already logged in, on another device" and when i force closed my app on my phone, her phone was able to connect, but then i force closed her app, and opened up mine, and then i had to log in again.

Feels a bit silly that it is not possible to have 2 apps logged in and keep being logged ind.

If she has her app open and i open mine afterwards it would have been smarter that i was just told "This car is already connected to "Wifes name's" phone".

Not that it would be a problem, because we would offcourse not both be logging in to the app at the same time.

I hope they refine this process, because right now it does not seem intuitive.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom